Study Program(s): Bachelor of Business
Study Mode: Online
Study Level: Undergraduate
Study Campus: Online Study
Graduation Year: 2008
After completing his Bachelor of Business at CQUniversity (through Raffles College) in 2008, Robin has established and led a very successful social enterprise – SAARC Business Association of Home Based Workers Nepal (SABAH Nepal). As Chief Executive Officer, he has worked to empower women, and the organisation has significantly increased its income and membership, so that it now changes the lives of more than 2,500 Home Based Workers in the villages of Nepal and impacts an additional 1,500 community members.
Key features of his work include:
- Establishing 8 community centres, 3 cafes, 6 retail outlets
- Providing livelihood assistance, training and education to 2586 women in 14 Nepalese districts
- Establishing partnerships/gaining funding from more than nine well-respected international organisations
- Introducing fashion and textile brands
- Growing income for Home Based Worker’s from less than NPR1,000,000 in 2009 to nearly NPR12,000,000 in 2016
- Significantly growing membership from 24 members when it was established in in 2009 to more than 2,500 members now.
CQUniversity is proud to recognise Robin as the recipient of the 2018 Alumnus of the Year for Social Impact award.