Joel is passionate about high quality public education, having worked in a range of schools across regional Queensland, from Mackay to the Torres Strait. He is currently Principal of Pimlico State High School (Townsville). In his previous role as Principal of Pioneer State High School (Mackay), Joel led the development of the innovative LEAP program.
- Ambassador for the Queensland Plan
- Leads accreditation visits for the Council of International Schools across Australia and Asia
- Member of CQUniversity’s Regional Engagement Committee in Mackay and now Townsville
- Deputy Convenor of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s National Advisory Council
- Serves on various of state advisory committees and local boards.
- Volunteers in local, state and national community roles, drawing on his expertise in the field of education.
“My career has been built on a belief that world-class, universal public education is both the cornerstone of our civil society and the foundation for a prosperous, inclusive and sustainable future. My own world-class education at CQUniversity provided me with the experiences, knowledge and skills to not only make a difference in the lives of my students but to pursue leadership roles that have afforded me the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of public education in ways I might otherwise have not thought possible.”