We encourage you to join an alumni network to make new contacts, and reconnect with friends based on geographical location, common interest or subject, discipline or professional pursuit. As part of an alumni network, you can gain access to professional and personal development, networking and social activities to help you build connections within your alumni community.
A network can:
- support alumni who wish to keep in touch with each other
- foster an active interest in CQUniversity across your constituent group
- be the focus of professional, networking and social activities
- promote University-based education opportunities for alumni
- communicate alumni views, needs and interests to the University
- play an active part in mentoring programs for undergraduates
- encourage alumni to keep in touch with each other
- mobilise alumni to support the University (for example, by participating in mentoring activities, advising prospective students about aspects of study or life on campus, or by contributing to scholarships and other philanthropic activities)
- offer voluntary assistance to the University with organising events and reunions
- represent the University at profiling and recruitment functions
What support does the Alumni Relations Managers offer?
- acts as liaison between the network and CQUniversity
- is the point of contact for; and maintains regular communication with the network coordinators
- coordinates e-communications on behalf of the network. CQUniversity maintains an alumni database which is the single source of alumni information.
- informs, orients and supports volunteers
- provides resources, ideas and materials to volunteers for network-led activities
- identifies speakers and/or faculty members for events when available
- advises volunteers of Be Magazine and Mortar Board E-News deadlines to promote announcements and news
Who runs an Alumni Network?
- Networks are coordinated by volunteers and are self-managed. It's a great way to get involved in the community, meet people, learn new skills and establish professional contacts. Regional volunteer opportunities could include acting as regional representatives and contacts, providing mentorship, and coordinating functions and events.
We are always interested in supporting our alumni to develop new networks, so if you want more information about starting your own network, contact the Alumni Relations Manager today.
A MBA is the flagship program of a quality business school. CQUniversity has launched its new MBA, redesigned to better meet the challenges of the business community, both in Australia and in the global setting.
The CQUniversity MBA is now approved by the Graduate Management Association of Australia. Our commitment is to continue to enhance the standard of the program in order gain high GMAA and AFR Boss MBA Rankings, and gain international accreditation through the Association of MBAs in London.
As part of our MBA program, we have established the CQUniversity MBA Alumni Network. We are keen to explore ways that the University can support our alumni and, in turn how our alumni might be able to support the new MBA program, and the University.
As an MBA alumnus, we value your input and advice on the type of services that CQUniversity may offer to the MBA Alumni. Similarly we are interested to establish the levels of engagement that you feel might be of assistance to the MBA program, including academic advice, guest speaking, and company linkages.
We will be guided by our alumni as to what works best for you, however, we plan e-communications, networking events and round-table activities as the basis of this network. We are very enthusiastic about this new direction and wish to make a start as soon as possible with your support. We look forward to meeting you and hearing your thoughts on how we can build a truly first-class MBA program, and further develop the value of your qualification.
We invite you to connect with your fellow MBA alumni by joining the CQUniversity MBA LinkedIn Network, to share your experiences and challenges with your fellow MBA graduates. You can access this exclusive network here.
Your CQUniversity MBA contacts
Prof. Lee Di Milia
Dr Michael Sego