Frequently asked questions
- What is alumnus/alumni?
- What are the benefits of connecting with CQUniversity Australia after graduation?
- Is there a fee to be an alumnus of the university?
- Can I use the library resources?
- How do I register for graduation?
- I would like assistance with finding employment, can you assist?
- How do I contact friends from my course?
- How do I find out about events and networking opportunities?
- How do I obtain an academic transcript?
- I would like to organise a reunion, how can this be organised?
- I'm an employer and would like to advertise employment opportunities to graduates, how can this be organised?
- How can I have my qualification or my employee’s qualification verified? What about academic verification for immigration purposes?
- I’m immigrating and the agent needs my Testamur and Transcript sent direct.
Definition: alumnus (pronounced a-lum-nus),
Noun: A graduate of a particular school or university
Plural: alumni - The Alumni is the Graduate Network of former students of the University.
CQUniversity's alumni is the CQUniversity Graduate Community of which you automatically become a member (alumnus) upon completion of any qualification from a Certificate 1 to a Doctorate. Both VET and Higher Ed. graduates are members of our Alumni.
A range of benefits and initiatives are available to vocational training and degree program graduates of CQUniversity. These include free library access, career development services, alumni professional development grants, and regular opportunities to get involved promoted through 'Be' magazine and the alumni e-newsletter.
It is important for graduates to keep their details updated, so they are kept informed of the latest benefits and initiatives available.
Students automatically achieve alumnus status upon completion of their qualification (Certificate 1 to Doctorate included). There are no costs associated with this life-long relationship with your university.
As a graduate, you are able to access both catalogue and electronic databases.
If you are looking for employment, the university offers helps in a number of different ways, including career development services to employment opportunities. Click here to access CareerHub.
There are a number of ways to contact your friends:
- Use our "Finding Friends" service.
- Join the official alumni Facebook group.
- Or contact the Alumni Relations Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about opportunities is shared on the alumni relations website, promoted through the e-newsletter, and added to the official CQUniversity alumni social media pages on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
It is important to keep your contact details up-to-date, so you are notified of events and networking opportunities.
Official academic transcripts can be ordered by completing the online 'Request for Academic Transcript' form.
We love to help graduates to organise reunions or activities. Contact the Alumni Relations Manager by email email@example.com or telephone +61 7 4923 2898 to ascertain ways we can assist you.
You are able to advertise job vacancies for FREE through the university. First-time users need to register through CareerHub. Otherwise previous users can login to CareerHub. Click here to access CareerHub.
How can I have my qualification or my employee’s qualification verified? What about academic verification for immigration purposes?
CQUniversity can verify an academic record if we have permission from the individual to do so. We require a signed consent from the individual before this private information can be released. The consent document should include the student’s full name, date of birth and student ID number as well as their signature. Many employers and immigration agents have a standard form for this.
Please email the consent to our Student Governance Centre email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 13 2786.
Academic Verification usually takes 2-3 working days to process. This is a free service.
Please Update your Contact Details so CQUniversity can contact you to confirm your consent if needed.
Please complete BOTH these forms to order your documents (fees apply)
Once you have completed the forms and paid the required fees, please send an email to email@example.com requesting the documents be mailed together in a single envelope.
For any enquiries relating to replacement testamurs please contact +61 7 4923 2357.