Events and reunions
Alumni and CQUniversity Events
Your University hosts an annual program of alumni events to connect you with old classmates and friends, keep you updated on Your University's development and most importantly, thank you for your continued connection and support. To guarantee delivery of your invitation to events in your area, visit CQUConnect and keep your details up-to-date.
To view upcoming events, click here to view the CQUniversity events calendar.
Organise a Reunion
A reunion is a great way to meet up with old classmates/friends and reminisce about your days as a student, share common interests and celebrate milestones. The Alumni Relations team is happy to help you organise a reunion event and can provide the following assistance:
- Liaison with the university on your behalf to involve faculties and/or teaching staff
- Assistance with contacting other alumni and sending invitations
- Advice and ideas to make your reunion a success
- Promotion of the reunion through established communication channels.
If you are planning a reunion, please contact us.
Form an Alumni Network
Your University encourages you to start an alumni network. Your networks could be based on geographical location, common interest or subject, discipline or professional pursuit. All networks have a different demographic, a different focus, a different level of energy. The types and number of activities that take place are tied to the time and resources of the network volunteers, and what the group wants to achieve. We recognize that our volunteers lead busy lives, and, while networks are self-managed and self-funded, the Alumni Relations Manager provides the following support and guidance to make the representative's role as uncomplicated and, most of all, enjoyable, as possible:
- acts as liaison between the network and CQUniversity
- is the point of contact for; and maintains regular communication with the network coordinators
- coordinates regular e-communications
- informs, orients and supports volunteers
- provides resources, ideas and materials to volunteers for network-led activities
- identifies speakers and/or faculty members for events when available
- advises volunteers of Be Magazine and Mortar Board Alumni E-News deadlines to facilitate placement of announcements and news
If you are interested in starting a network, or already have, or know of a group of past students, and you would like to be more connected with CQUniversity, please contact us.