'Be Involved' with other alumni and CQUniversity activities to make your lifelong relationship with Your University as fulfilling as it can be. There are a variety of ways that you can 'Be Involved' but if you are interested in something that isn't listed below, you can always let us know and we would be happy to assist you.
- Be a mentor and share your valuable industry knowledge and experience with a student or other alumnus.
- Be a guest speaker at an alumni event or become a guest lecturer for current students.
- Be an inspiration and share your journey as a graduate and professional by providing a testimonial or profile.
- Be a network leader and start a 'network' with other alumni based on geographical location, special topics, field/ discipline or professional interest.
- Be an advisor and join a committee or board to make your voice count when it comes to Your University's future direction and activities.
- Be a sponsor of an alumni or CQUniversity event.
- Be an employment provider and provide "on the job" experience for students through Work Integrated Learning.
- Be a donor and be someone who makes a difference.
Give the next generation of up-and-comers the advice you wish you'd received! Sign up as an advisor to current students and alumni.
How do you get involved?
Create a professional bio (or import your LinkedIn profile), indicate your availability for when you can be contacted, and what your areas of expertise are.
Alumni advisors can mentor in the following ways:
- Career Conversations - General networking and discussions about how you got into your job, your career path, what it’s like to work in your organisation or industry and more. A student’s chance to talk directly to someone who's been there and done that.
- Resume Critiques - Use your experience for your own interview history, and from recruiting in your company or business, to critique student’s resume and/or cover letter.
- Mock Interviews - Help students practice for their big interview - your knowledge of what your organisation or industry looks for can help a student to land their dream job.
Your profile will show up for students searching for mentors with your professional knowledge and career experiences.
When a student selects you as mentor, you’ll receive an email to confirm the details. Confirm your availability and you’re ready to go! The mentoring program will send you a calendar reminder, and organise the phone calls via a built-in conference-call system. If the student will be sending you an email, the system also manages this. All you need to do is be ready to share your knowledge.
- Make a Big Impact - 77% of students getting help from alumni advisors said it directly contributed to their job offers.
- It's Easy - Give back whenever and how often you want, on topics you know well. No obligations beyond responding to incoming requests.
- Privacy Protected - We won't share your contact info. Phone consultations happen through conference numbers and written messages are routed through the system, so your personal details are never shared with your mentees.