PROJECTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Developing savanna burning across Queensland and exporting the technology overseas as part of the International Savanna Fire Management Initiative (ISFMI).
- Investigation of the impacts of climate change on Indigenous peoples and their communities.
- The application of the Matrix for Identifying, Measuring and Monitoring Institutional Racism within Public Hospitals and Health Services to other domains in which institutional discrimination is experienced (original 2017 audit report of Qld’s 16 HHSs commissioned by ADCQ and funded by QAIHC).
- Indigenous Coral Reef Tourism on the Great Barrier Reef – an investigation to identify ways to increase Indigenous participation in the Great Barrier Reef tourism industry – funded by National Environmental Science Programme (NESP) Tropical Water Quality (TWQ) Hub and the Reef and Rainforest Research Centre Ltd (RRRC).
- How Indigenous Languages hold the Key to Maintaining Cultural and Biological Diversity, keynote presentation at “Minya Birran: what now for Indigenous languages” State Library of Queensland Forum, 21 February 2020. A forum exploring ways to harness the goodwill and energy of the International Year of Indigenous Languages, and discussing the question of 'what now?'.
Vicki McDonald, State Librarian and CEO; Associate Professor Henrietta Marrie AM, Keynote speaker; Daniel Browning, Event MC at Minya Birran. (Photo Credit: LaVonne Bobongie)
- United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Peoples - 18th Plenary Session 2019
Associate Professor Henrietta Marrie was invited to attend the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Peoples – 18th Plenary Session 2019 from 22 April to 3 May 2019, where she presented a conference room paper for discussion on “Emerging trends in the generation, transmission and protection of Traditional Knowledge”.
Associate Professor Henrietta Marrie at UNPFII Press Conference, 2019
UNPFII 2019 - Traditional Knowledge Session
UNPFII 2019 - Press Conference