Distance Education for International Students
Distance education for international students
We believe education transcends physical boundaries. So we strive to provide you with a qualification that is recognised worldwide without you having to be on campus. You will study the same units and graduate with the same qualification, all from the comfort of your own home. This is perfect if you need to balance university with work or personal commitments.
- Flexible study load (part-time or full-time)
- No student visa required
- Professional accreditation will not be affected
- Save over AU$19 000 per year on living expenses
- 24/7 access to online learning tools and study materials
We are a leading distance education provider in Australia, with a strong record in offering quality courses in this mode for over two decades.
We offer a diverse range of courses by distance education spanning accounting, business, digital media, engineering, IT, allied health and medical science.
Some courses have compulsory residential schools, which involve a period of time that you must spend on campus to fulfil any practical experience requirement of your course. You can find more information regarding residential schools on our handbook.
The following courses can be studied entirely online / by distance education:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems
- Graduate Diploma of Information Systems
- Masters of Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma of Project Management
- Master of Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Asset and Maintenance Management
- Graduate Diploma of Asset and Maintenance Management
- Master of Asset and Maintenance Management
We offer three intakes per year (Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3). This gives you the added flexibility of starting your studies in March, July or November – whichever suits you best.
Advanced online learning
We utilise advanced online learning technologies including Moodle, Jabber and other online tools to maximise staff-and-student interaction. During a real-time lecture, you can use digital tools to ask a question or participate in a discussion, as you would in a physical classroom. We also utilise UCROO, a private and safe social network, so you can connect with other students, find study groups or student mentors, find second hand textbooks or access support services.
An extensive range of support services is available to you, including but not limited to the following:
- Electronic library
- Online or hardcopy study materials
- Recorded lectures
- Study groups and online discussion forums
- Weekend or online orientation sessions
- Access to lecturers and experienced distance education mentors.