Secondary navigation

Credit transfers

If you have previously studied at another institution, you may be eligible for credit, also known as recognition of prior learning (RPL), credit exemption and advanced standing.

Credits are assessed on a case by case basis and may take up to six weeks. If you are thinking about commencing study with CQUniversity in a term that starts soon, please provide this information to us at least six weeks before the commencement of term.

Please note that you will not receive credit based on work experience and credit is only recognised for units undertaken at a diploma level and higher. In addition, this previous study must have been undertaken within the last ten years.

If you have studied at an institution outside Australia, please ensure that all documentation provided is official and translated into English.

Any request for credit must be approved by CQUniversity in writing before you enrol. Otherwise, you may not receive the credit you applied for.

Articulation arrangements

CQUniversity has formal articulation arrangements with a number of Australian and international institutions. Please refer to our articulations database for a full list of qualifications and institutions that have defined pathways with CQUniversity.

Apply for credit transfer

New applicant

If you are a new applicant to CQUniversity, in order for us to assess your application for credit, you must submit the following additional documents through iStart, our easy to use application system for international students:

  • Certified copy of your official transcript
  • Unit outline for every unit you wish to be assessed for credit
  • Course information that includes course duration and number of units required
  • Institution details that include name and location
  • Indicate the major you have selected, if applicable

Please ensure that all documentation provided is official and translated into English.

Late submission of unit outline

If you are a new student but did not apply for credit when you were first admitted to CQUniversity, you must submit an online credit application form. To do this, please visit our Credit Application Form page and proceed directly to complete the form.

Please note your late submission may affect study duration and study plan.

Apply for cross-institutional study

If you are a student enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework at another institution, you may apply to undertake CQUniversity units for credit towards your award course.

Approval is needed from your home institution, and must be provided as part of the application.

  1. Check if the unit is available in the term you wish to study and download a unit profile.
  2. Receive written consent from your institution.
  3. Apply online through iStart,our easy to use application system for international students.
  4. Select either cross-institutional undergraduate or cross-institutional postgraduate to start your online application.