Casual employment opportunities
The Population Research Laboratory employs a number of staff for project work, most often to conduct telephone interviews for CATI surveys (based at our Rockhampton facility). These positions are casual research worker contracts which are dependent on the requirements and duration of the project. The PRL employs a mix of CQUniversity students and members of the local community. We operate on a 7 day roster consisting of daytime (school hours), evening and weekend shifts and offer an attractive hourly rate.
When employing telephone interviewers we look for the following skills and attributes:
- Confident and clear verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- High written communication, computer, keyboard and typing skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- The ability to meet set targets and deadlines and work in a supervised team environment
- Excellent work ethic, conscientiousness and reliability
- A positive attitude and friendly demeanor
Experience in telephone interviewing is an advantage but not essential as extensive training is provided to all staff.
Please contact PRL Manager Christine Hanley and provide your resume' and brief letter of introduction to register your interest in telephone interviewer positions with the Population Research Laboratory. Applications will be kept on file and suitable applicants will be contacted when project recruitment is conducted at various times throughout the year.