Workplace Giving at CQUniversity
Workplace giving is a simple and effective way for CQUniversity employees to regularly donate to charities through workplace payroll deductions. Donating through a workplace scheme means that charities incur less administration and fundraising costs which enables more of your money to go directly to those in need.
Causes CQUniversity Staff are Supporting
- CQUniCares Student Emergency Fund: Provides support to low-income students in need of urgent financial assistance, helping them to continue their studies.
- CQUniCares Alumni Development Fund: Provides financial assistance to CQUniversity alumni to help them achieve career growth goals or develop skills to support community organisations, by removing some financial barriers to high quality, meaningful career education and personal growth opportunities.
- CQUniCares Staff Emergency Fund: Provides financial assistance to CQUniversity employees who experience financial hardship due to an emergency situation.
- CQUniCares Student Success Scholarships: Provides financial support and development opportunities to new and continuing higher education and Vocational Education and Training (VET) students.
*CQUniversity is a registered charity and has tax-deductible gift recipient status.
As at September 2022, more than 125 staff make regular payroll deductions to a CQUniversity fund – ensuring both staff and students are supported in their time of need.
Jenny Simpson Memorial Scholarship
The Jenny Simpson Memorial Scholarship enables STEPS students to progress to a bachelors degree at CQUniversity. This is an endowed fund, so donor contributions add to the capital, and the interest earned on the capital funds scholarships each year.
Salaam Baalak Trust
Donations to the Salaam Baalak Trust provide for the educational and cost-of-living expenses for former street children of India.
The Professor Mike Horsley Memorial Prize
Commemorating the life of Professor Mike Horsley, this prize is awarded to a deserving CQUniversity Noosa student, based upon their assessment submission for the 'Service Learning Community and Context' unit.
Australian Red Cross
The Australian Red Cross is a humanitarian organisation providing relief and care for vulnerable people in Australia and around the world.
Cancer Council Queensland
The Cancer Council Queensland provides cancer research, prevention and support services.
The Central Queensland Hospital Foundation raise money for equipment, infrastructure, education and research to support and advance the health of the Central Queensland community. You can also set up your deduction for this donor using this form.
RACQ CQ Rescue (Mackay)
The RACQ CQ Rescue is an aeromedical service for the people of Central Queensland, specifically the Mackay region.
RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service
The RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service is an aeromedical service for the people of Central Queensland.
Royal Flying Doctor Service
The Royal Flying Doctor Service provides aeromedical and vital health services to anyone travelling, living, or working in rural and remote Queensland.
Scripture Union Queensland
Scripture Union Queensland is a Christian organisation seeking to bring God’s love, hope and good news. CQUniversity Bundaberg is fortunate to have Lynne Coyne join us each week to provide Chaplaincy support to both staff and students.
The Fred Hollows Foundation
The Fred Hollows Foundation is an international development organisation focusing on blindness prevention and Australian Indigenous health.
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is a support service for all members of the community in need.
Advantages of Giving
- Allows you to contribute to the social wellbeing of our community
- A simple, no-fuss way to support charitable organisations
- Satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
- Contributes to staff morale and loyalty
- Receive regular updates from your charity
- Annual donations reflected on Financial Year tax statements.
Please visit the Workplace Giving Program StaffNet Page for information on how to participate.
If you have any questions about CQUniCares and the workplace giving program, please contact Grant Stevenson, Advancement Services Coordinator on (07) 4150 7152.