Wide Bay Burnett Region Engagement Committee
Collaboration with Neighbouring RECs
- Chair discussing opportunities for collaboration with Chairs of Sunshine Coast and Gladstone Region Engagement Committees.
- Working group formed to identify potential partnerships to develop viable and flexible accommodation options in the Bundaberg Region.
- Members providing input, based on engagement with local high schools and industry, into planning for new taught provision on Bundaberg campus.
Future Focus Areas
Engagement / TEDx Event
- Working group will coordinate the delivery of a major engagement activity/conference in 2019.
Campus Site Development / Hospital Co-location
- Working group will work with the Queensland Department of Health to inform the planning for the new hospital location. An approach from Mercy Healthcare suggests that this will also incorporate liaison around a public/private partnership.
- Working group will look at opportunities presented by the proposed hospital co-location as well as continuing to assess other local need to inform additional taught provision on the Bundaberg campus.
Ms Bree Grima (Chair)
Managing Director, Bundaberg Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association
Mr Luke Sinclair (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor (Wide Bay Burnett Region), CQUniversity
Ms Rebecca Ballantyne (Secretary)
Senior Campus Administrator, Bundaberg Campus, CQUniversity
Dr Robyn Minchinton
Deputy Chancellor, Council Member, CQUniversity
Mr Tomas O’Malley
Architect, Tomas O’Malley Architect
Mr Adrian Pennington
Chief Executive Officer, Wide Bay Hospital & Health Service
Ms Karen McCord
Principal, Bundaberg State High School
Mr Rod Ainsworth
Manager, Moncrieff Theatre
Mr Paul Sterling
Principal, Bundaberg Christian College
Mr Gavin Steele
General Manager Community & Environment, Bundaberg Regional Council
Mr Peter Manson
Engineering Industry representative
Ms Karena Menzie-Ballantyne
Lecturer Education, School of Education and the Arts, CQUniversity
Ms Jocelyn Sticklen
Manager, Corporate Communications, CQUniversity
Mr John McLean
CEO and Managing Director, Bundaberg Brewed Drinks
Mr Benjamin Brown
Engineer, RMA Engineers
Mr Gerard Carlyon
Director Development and Community, Fraser Coast Regional Council
Mr Craig Hodges
Chief Operating Officer, Best Practice Software Group of Companies
Mr Robert McLellan
Cultural Support Facilitator, Stepping Black Indigenous Corporation Australia
Mrs Tarina Gordon
Senior Marketing Officer, Inbound Marketing, CQUniversity