Victoria Region Engagement Committee
Victoria Region Engagement Committee Planning Day
- The Committee conducted a planning day on 16 October 2018 to define goals and direction of the committee and to identify plans for 2019. The committee invited the Professoriate that are based in Melbourne campus to attend the planning day.
Definition of Engagement and Objective of the Committee
- The Committee agreed the definition of engagement for Victoria REC were:
- The connection between CQUni Victoria students and industry
- To strengthen industry connection
- Potential research collaboration between the University and industry
- The Committee agreed the objectives of the committee were:
- To move from the concept of engagement to a tangible action plan and projects.
- Support the current student cohort to increase their exposure to a corporate environment in Victoria, help them be work-ready by providing opportunities to develop a strong skill set.
Future Focus Areas
The committee members identified tangible projects for 2019:
- Develop opportunities for engagement by collaborating with HR practitioners to deliver seminars or presentations for the Human Resource Management (HRM) unit in the School of Business & Law, starting in term 1 2019.
- Organise two Guest Speaker/Public lecture events with focus on the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Create awareness of research projects completed at CQUni and identify opportunities where academic research papers can be presented to industry and community, providing genuine benefit.
Ms Sue Noble (Chair)
Director, Member and Partner Engagement, Institute of Public Administration Australia
Ms Lara Carton (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor (Victoria Region) and Director of Social Innovation, CQUniversity
Ms Mia Mohamad (Secretary)
Campus Services Administrator, Melbourne Campus, CQUniversity
Ms Joy Acquaro
Principal, Atticus Legal
Ms Monica Ferrie
Company Director, Bold and Brave Consulting
Mr Shawn Callahan
Founder and Director, Anecdote Pty Ltd