Townsville and North West Queensland Region Engagement Committee
- Building recognition of Creative Arts program
- Postgraduate opportunities - MBA Leadership, Mental Health, Forensics
- Identifying professional development and short course opportunities
- Future industries that support region.
- Increasing awareness of brand and reputation
- Understanding regional priorities and future skills and employment needs to support
- Building on relationship with Defence and Veteran community.
- Introduction of members to CQUniversity's social innovation plan and capabilities
- Opportunities to engage with Smart Precinct Pty Ltd on social innovation projects.
- Sister City Engagement
- Engagement with Study Townsville and Edu tourism focus.
- Correctional services research expansion to other organisations
- Development of resilience focused research.
Future Focus Areas
- Development of Emergency Response and Innovation Centre (ERIC) - Fire and Police engagement
- Development of programs that support emerging industries within the region - eg Industry 4.0
- Increase collaborations with Defence - current personnel and transitioning (including Oasis Project)
- Creative Arts opportunities
- Research opportunities around resilience, correctional services, youth justice.
Mr Mick Reilly (Chair)
Director, Business Analysis and Evaluation, MASSICK
Ms Kari Arbouin (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor (Townsville and North West Region), CQUniversity
Ms Paula Mandl (Secretary)
Campus Administration Officer, Townsville Campus, CQUniversity
Mr David Lynch
Manager Economic Development, Townsville City Council
Mr Joel Buchholz
Principal, Pimlico State High; CQUniversity Council Member
Mr David Donohue
Managing Director, Queensland Corporate Communication Network
Mr Ross Contarino
Business Facilitator Australian Industry Group, AusIndustry Entrepreneur Development
Mr Maurie Soars
Councillor, Townsville City Council
Prof Gracelyn Smallwood
Professor Nursing and Midwifery, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Sciences, CQUniversity
Assoc Prof Stephen Moston
Associate Professor Forensic Psychology, School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences, CQUniversity
Dr Adele Baldwin
Senior Lecturer Nursing, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Sciences, CQUniversity
Prof Michelle Bellingnan
Dean, Health, Medical and Applied Sciences, CQUniversity