Sunshine Coast Region Engagement Committee
- Raise the profile and presence of CQUniversity in Noosa and broader Sunshine Coast region
- Continue to develop media, network and marketing opportunities to raise the profile of CQUni in the region
- Re-connect with Alumni
- Support CQUni engagement activities and CQU Noosa Institute activities including CQUni's involvement in SCRIPT, Ed Sunshine Coast and Noosa Education Training Alliance, as well as AVC's involvement as RDA Committee member.
- Provide high-level strategic direction for CQUniversity in the Sunshine Coast region
- Develop REC membership representative of the high value industries in the region
- Developing and advocating for the implementation of a 15 year/3 horizon future strategic direction for the University's Strategic Plan
- Support a vision for expansion of CQUni across the region - both in infrastructure and student participation
- Support the implementation of CQUni's Reconciliation Action Plan and ensure that the campus is a welcoming place for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Expand current academic and VET offerings at CQUni Sunshine Coast
- Develop course profile to support the economic and workforce development needs of the region, eg increasing programs in digital, health and wellbeing, education disciplines.
- Develop opportunities to leverage the Noosa brand through the CQU Noosa Institute
- Develop a reputation and profile as a leader in Social Innovation to address entrenched problems in the region.
- Contribute to the implementation of the CQUni Strategic Plan
- Support opportunities to increase international student enrolments.
FUTURE FOCUS AREAS
- Establish a presence in the central, more densely populated region of the Sunshine Coast to support the majority of students enrolled across the Sunshine Coast footprint (eg 60% of students live in the region south of Noosa).
- Develop research opportunities in collaboration with indsutry and local council.
Mr Ross Hepworth (Chair)
Chief Executive Officer, Owner and Director, Horizon2 Pty Ltd.
Ms Teressa Schmidt (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice Chancellor (Sunshine Coast Region), CQUniversity
Ms Kathrin Peck (Secretary)
Senior Campus Administrator, Noosa Campus, CQUniversity
Dr Steven Boyd
Senior Lecturer/HOC – UG Property, CQUniversity
Prof Moira Williamson
Dean, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Science, CQUniversity
Dr John Martin
Chief Executive Officer, Cadence Management Consulting
Mr Brett de Chastell
Chief Executive Officer, Noosa Shire Council
Mr Chris Boden
Founder, Create Noosa
Mr Daniel Romaine
Senior roles with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs
Mr Tim McGee
Industry Investment Facilitator, Sunshine Coast Council
Ms Tanya Bell
Policy Manager, United Synergies
Ms Melanie Butcher
Director, Social Impact, The Social Deck