Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee
The Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee (RREC) provides the strategic link between CQUniversity and the Rockhampton Region community, business, industry, and government sectors to help explore and address community issues and/or industry needs for the region.
Active Engagement with High Schools
- Raise profile of CQUniversity with secondary schools to help increase the number of school leaver enrolments within the Rockhampton Region.
- Host annual AVC High School Dinner to encourage two-way engagement and information-sharing between CQUniversity and regional high schools.
- Support CQUniversity high school competitions e.g. High School Cooking Competition.
Scholarships and Honorary Awardee Nominations
- Foster relationships with current scholarship sponsors and explore potential sponsorship opportunities.
- Nominate suitable candidates for CQUniversity Honorary Awards.
- Identify strategies to respond to the 2016 Loneliness Community Forum.
- Identify funding opportunities to support proposed activities including the Loneliness Survey and a pilot project with local general practitioners.
- Produce a findings report as an outcome of the pilot project.
Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Education
- Explore avenues for the proposed development of a Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Education to be located in Rockhampton.
CQUniversity Schools Engagement
- Engage with Not-For-Profits to assist with student placements, internships, etc.
- Utilise the individual networks of RREC members to support the engagement strategies of CQUniversity’s Schools.
- Support 3D start-ups, entrepreneurship, and social innovation projects driven by CQUniversity’s discipline areas.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of engagement activity within the Research Division of CQUniversity to help promote two-way research opportunities.
Kim Harrington (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor, Rockhampton Region – CQUni
Mrs Sara Barnbaum (Secretary)
Executive Assistant to the AVC, Rockhampton Region – CQUni
Director – Community & Planning Services, Livingstone Shire Council
General Manager – Grid Planning & Optimisation, Energy Queensland Limited
Economic Development Manager – Capricorn Enterprise
Rockhampton Coordinator, Project Booyah – Queensland Police Service
Principal – Swanwick Murray Roche Lawyers
Director – CQG Consulting
Director – Spruiker Hire / Manager, Oak Tree Retirement Village - Rockhampton
Coordinator – Capricorn Citizen Advocacy
Director – Plan-itvisions / Lilly Pilly Organics / Relish Capricorn
Director – Justin Power Management Services
Program Manager, CQ Region – Department of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
Dean, School of Education and The Arts – CQUni
Dean, School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences – CQUni
Lee Di Milia
Dean, School of Business and Law – CQUni
Dean, School of Engineering and Technology – CQUni
Associate Dean, Engagement Co-op Program, School of Engineering and Technology – CQUni
Lecturer, School of Business and Law – CQUni
Lecturer, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences – CQUni
Deputy Dean – VET, VET – Operations & Growth – CQUni