Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee
The Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee (RREC) provides the strategic link between CQUniversity and the Rockhampton Region community, business, industry, and government sectors to help explore and address community issues and/or industry needs for the region.
Active Engagement with High Schools
- Raise the profile of CQUniversity with secondary schools within the RREC region, assist to increase the number of school leaver enrolments.
- Host annual AVC High School Dinner for the purpose of profile building, two-way engagement in order to share University information and to receive feedback from high schools which CQUniversity will respond to.
Scholarships and Honorary Awardee Nominations
- Foster relationships with current scholarship sponsors and explore potential sponsorship opportunities
- Nominate suitable candidates for CQUniversity Honorary Awards.
- Commencement of Phase 3 – Implementation Process.
- The sub-committee to secure funding to implement the Loneliness projects into the community.
- Finalise the branding of each sub-project and purchase appropriate collateral. The graphic design of the project branding will be provided in kind by CQUniversity across all four projects. The sub-committee have settled on the tagline “Empowering Connections. Ending Loneliness.”.
- Initiate the sub-project into the community where ownership of the sub-project has been taken.
Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Education
- On hold at present, sitting with the School of Education and The Arts and will require a significant amount of funding.
CQUniversity Schools Engagement
- Engage with Not-For-Profits to assist with student placements, internships, etc.
- Utilise the individual networks of REC members to support the engagement strategies of CQUniversity’s Schools
- Support 3D start-ups, entrepreneurship, and social innovation projects driven by CQUniversity’s discipline areas.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of engagement activity within the Research Division of CQUniversity to help promote two-way research opportunities
- Exploring opportunities within the region relevant to food waste management
- Working alongside Rockhampton Regional Council (RRC) to support emerging Aquaculture industry.
Mr Damon Morrison (Chair)
Executive Coordinator to the Mayor, Rockhampton Regional Council
Mrs Kim Harrington (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor (Rockhampton Region), CQUniversity
Ms Kaylee Taylor (Secretary)
Executive Assistant to the AVC (Rockhampton Region), CQUniversity
Ms Desley Cowley
Community Solutions Strategist
Mr Ewan Filmer
Coordinator, Capricorn Citizen Advocacy
Mr Blake Harvey
General Manager Grid Planning & Optimisation, Energy Queensland Limited
Mr Neil Lethlean
Economic Development Manager, Capricorn Enterprise
Mr Brett Bacon
Acting Chief Executive Officer, Livingstone Shire Council
Mr Jason Pfingst
Mr Justin Power
Director, Justin Power Management Services
Mr Joe Ramsay
Senior Constable & Rockhampton Coordinator, Project Booyah, Qld Police Service
Mr Robert Rooney
Principal, Swanwick Murray Roche Lawyers
Ms Kerrie-Anne Frakes
Executive Director Rockhampton Business Unit, CQHHS
Mr Corey Bloomfield (proxy)
Lecturer / HOC, School of Education and The Arts, CQUniversity
Mr Gerard Ilott
Lecturer, School of Business and Law, CQUniversity
Dr Lisa Wirihana (proxy)
Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences, CQUniversity
Mr Corey Bloomfield
Industry and Co-op Program Leader, School of Engineering & Technology
Ms Patrice Brown
Director, CQG Consulting, CQUniversity Council Member
Ms Shelia Houston
Director, Cross Cultural Encounters, CQUniversity Council Member
School of Engineering and Technology Representative
School of Health Medical and Applied Sciences Representative