Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee
The Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee (RREC) provides the strategic link between CQUniversity and the Rockhampton Region community, business, industry, and government sectors to help explore and address community issues and/or industry needs for the region.
Active Engagement with High Schools
- Raise the profile of CQUniversity with secondary schools to help increase the number of school leaver enrolments within the Rockhampton Region
- Host annual AVC High School Dinner to encourage two-way engagement and information-sharing between CQUniversity and regional high schools
- Support CQUniversity high school competitions e.g. High School Cooking Competition.
Scholarships and Honorary Awardee Nominations
- Foster relationships with current scholarship sponsors and explore potential sponsorship opportunities
- Nominate suitable candidates for CQUniversity Honorary Awards.
- Facilitate a workshop with targeted participants in an effort to synthesise innovative responses to the research analysis report to inform Phase 3 of the project
- Identify funding opportunities to support proposed activities as part of Phase 3, including the Loneliness Survey and a pilot project with local general practitioners.
Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Education
- On hold at present, sitting with the School of Education and The Arts and will require a significant amount of funding.
CQUniversity Schools Engagement
- Engage with Not-For-Profits to assist with student placements, internships, etc.
- Utilise the individual networks of REC members to support the engagement strategies of CQUniversity’s Schools
- Support 3D start-ups, entrepreneurship, and social innovation projects driven by CQUniversity’s discipline areas.
- Defence: working with contractors appointed to the major Shoalwater Bay development projects seeking training and education opportunities for current and future students and graduates.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of engagement activity within the Research Division of CQUniversity to help promote two-way research opportunities
- Exploring opportunities within the region relevant to food waste management
- Working alongside Rockhampton Regional Council (RRC) to support emerging Aquaculture industry.
Chris Ireland (Chair)
Manager, Regional Development and Promotions, Rockhampton Regional Council
Kim Harrington (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor (Rockhampton Region), CQUniversity
Shay-lee Laing (Secretary)
Executive Assistant to the AVC (Rockhampton Region), CQUniversity
Director, CQG Consulting, CQUniversity Council Member
Director, Spruiker Hire (Small Business) and Manager Oak Tree Retirement Village Rockhampton
Coordinator, Capricorn Citizen Advocacy
General Manager Grid Planning & Optimisation, Energy Queensland Limited
Executive Director, Rural & District Wide Services, CQ Hospital & Health Service
Economic Development Manager, Capricorn Enterprise
Director, Community & Planning Services, Livingstone Shire Council
Director, Justin Power Management Services
Program Manager Central Qld Region, Department of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
Senior Constable & Rockhampton Coordinator, Project Booyah, Qld Police Service
Principal, Swanwick Murray Roche Lawyers
Dean, School of Education and The Arts, CQUniversity
Lee Di Milia
Dean, School of Business and Law, CQUniversity
Dean, School of Engineering and Technology, CQUniversity
Associate Dean, Engagement Co-op Program, School of Engineering and Technology, CQUniversity
Lecturer, School of Business and Law, CQUniversity
Lecturer, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences, CQUniversity
Pro Vice-Chancellor (VET – Operations & Growth), CQUniversity