Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee
The Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee (RREC) provides the strategic link between CQUniversity and the Rockhampton Region community, business, industry, and government sectors to help explore and address community issues and/or industry needs for the region.
Active Engagement with High Schools
- Raise profile of CQUniversity with secondary schools to help increase the number of school leaver enrolments within the Rockhampton Region.
- Host annual AVC High School Dinner to encourage two-way engagement and information-sharing between CQUniversity and regional high schools.
- Support CQUniversity high school competitions e.g. High School Cooking Competition.
Scholarships and Honorary Awardee Nominations
- Foster relationships with current scholarship sponsors and explore potential sponsorship opportunities.
- Nominate suitable candidates for CQUniversity Honorary Awards.
- Identify strategies to respond to the 2016 Loneliness Community Forum.
- Identify funding opportunities to support proposed activities including the Loneliness Survey and a pilot project with local general practitioners.
- Produce a findings report as an outcome of the pilot project.
Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Education
- Explore avenues for the proposed development of a Centre of Excellence for Inclusive Education to be located in Rockhampton.
CQUniversity Schools Engagement
- Engage with Not-For-Profits to assist with student placements, internships, etc.
- Utilise the individual networks of RREC members to support the engagement strategies of CQUniversity’s Schools.
- Support 3D start-ups, entrepreneurship, and social innovation projects driven by CQUniversity’s discipline areas.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of engagement activity within the Research Division of CQUniversity to help promote two-way research opportunities.
Scott Waters (Chair)
General Manager, Regional Development & Aviation – Rockhampton Regional Council
Kim Harrington (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor, Rockhampton Region – CQUni
Mrs Sara Barnbaum (Secretary)
Executive Assistant to the AVC, Rockhampton Region – CQUni
Director – CQG Consulting
CEO – Capricorn Enterprise
Director – Spruiker Hire / Manager, Oak Tree Retirement Village - Rockhampton
Capricorn Citizen Advocacy
Director – Plan-itvisions / Lilly Pilly Organics / Relish Capricorn
Director – Justin Power Management Services
Manager/Proprietor – 4T Consultants
Program Manager, CQ Region – Department of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Partnerships