Cairns and Far North Queensland Region Engagement Committee
Cairns Community Impact Plan
- First Nations Think Tank
- Performing Arts precinct
- Aviation Hub.
- Identification of partnership opportunities/advice
- Trade mission support.
- Provide advice and support for initiatives to grow enrolments and enhance student experience (i.e. through improved work integrated learning offerings)
- Identify and provide input into key Campus growth strategies including physical space and expansion opportunities
- Identify community, business and not-for-profit partnerships and collaborations to enhance the Campus' engagement in the region.
Future Focus Areas
Work Integrated Learning
- Identification of internal gaps and provide expert local knowledge on enhancement opportunities
- Support the AVC with identifying and developing partnerships to improve work integrated learning thus enhancing the student experience
- Provide technical support in strategic industry growth areas that align with the Campus' current and future offering.
- Advice/links re Film and Television
- Advice/links re Agriculture
- Advice/links re Allied health.
- Engage with Alumni Advisory Group to gain a deeper understanding of student experience and enhancement opportunities
- Support and participate in the Campus' Mentoring program
- Improve overall alumni outreach in the region.
- Allied Health Precinct
- Agriculture Innovation Precinct.
Mr Brett Moller (Chair)
Councillor, Cairns Regional Council
Ms Jodie Duignan-George (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-Chancellor (Cairns & FNQ Region), CQUniversity
Ms Leah McBride (Secretary)
Senior Campus Administrator, Cairns Campus, CQUniversity
Mr Gary Aylward
General Manager, Paykel Advertising
Ms Carol Doyle
President, Study Cairns
Mr Peter Lenoy
Executive Officer, Umi Arts
Mr Ross Moller
Principal, LJ Hooker Cairns Edge Hill
Mr Mark Peters
Principal, Peters Bosel Lawyers; CQUniversity Council Member
Mr Nathan Lee Long
Senior Project Manager, Liveable & Sustainable Regions, Qld Transport & Resources
Prof Paul Gadek
Consultant, Gadek Consultant Services
Ms Tara Diversi
Entrepreneurship Facilitator, Cairns Young Entrepreneurs Project
Mr Bill Davidson
CEO, Worklink Group