Australian Government Wage Subsidy for Apprentices and Trainees
The Australian Government recently announced the Boosting Apprenticeship wage subsidy. The subsidy includes trainees and is available to employers of any size or industry. The wage subsidy is available for up to 50% of the gross wage for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter per eligible trainee or apprentice. The 12-month subsidy, however, is capped nationally at 100,000 places and the trainee or apprentice needs to be engaged between the 5th of October to 30th of September 2021. The Australian Government information sheets with further details are attached.
CQUniversity, Central Queensland’s official TAFE provider, offer trainee and apprenticeship training from business to trades and horticulture to health care. With courses for many traineeships taking only 12 to 18 months this is a great opportunity to not only take on new staff but upskill your existing employees. Whether your team require industry specific skills or administrative and business training, CQUni TAFE can also help you navigate the Queensland Government training subsidies available for many courses.
For more information please visit the following links or call us on 13 27 86.
- CQUni TAFE Apprenticeship and Traineeship Information
- Australian Government – Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements
Top 5 Reasons to Take on a Trainee
- Employing a trainee provides organisations with staff who are trained and capable for the specific requirements of their employer, and the industry in which they operate.
- Trainees taught by CQUni TAFE learn the latest in industry practices and gain proficiency in key skill sets required by industry.
- An enthusiastic trainee can add vibrancy to the workplace and are a great avenue for experienced employees to pass on their wealth of knowledge.
- Existing employees often make good trainees as they are already familiar with your organisation’s goals and objectives. Training employees adds to work culture, improves efficiency and is fundamental for effective succession planning.
- Upon successful completion the trainee gains a nationally recognises qualification.