AARNet's CloudStor service is available to support all CQUniversity research and academic staff.
Here's how it can help you:
- CloudStor can be used as a replacement for Dropbox
- You can access 100GB of free storage
- Data is stored within Australia on the AARNet network - ensuring you get great transfer speeds and that your data is readily available
- You can use CloudStor to readily sync data on multiple machines (such as your work computer, laptop and home computer), which can be really handy for things like editing thesis chapters or research papers - see Desktop Syncing for installation guide
- Cloudstor can provide you with an additional method for backing up your precious data to ensure it's secure
- You can even collaborate with your trusted colleagues on large data sets (by either using the "share with a link" functionality or by using a shared collaboration workspace).
For more information on this service, you are encouraged to visit AARNet's Cloudstor service page at https://www.aarnet.edu.au/network-and-services/cloud-services-applications/cloudstor/. The CloudStor Frequently asked questions section also contains some excellent information coving topics such as “CloudStor Security”. “Working With CloudStor” and “CloudStor Future Features and Roadmap”.
Ready to get started? Take a look at the "Getting Started Guide" at https://www.aarnet.edu.au/images/uploads/resources/AARNetCloudStorManual_052016.pdf. Then connect to Cloudstor by visiting http://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/.
And of course... just a little bit of fine print:
- All data stored on Cloudstor is subject to AARNet's Content Policy (see http://www.aarnet.edu.au/about-us/policies)
- As with most online data storage services, AARNet accepts no liability for any loss or damage to data stored using this service and provides no guarantee or warranty as to the security or availability of the service. Please ensure you take appropriate steps to secure and backup your data.