Research Data Management Plans
As per CQUniversity’s Research Data Management Policy and Procedures, data arising during research conducted at CQUniversity must be recorded in a durable and appropriate storage facility approved by the University, as well as referenced in a data management plan.
It should be noted that your Data Management Plan is a document that will change over time. We don't expect you to know all you data needs when you are just getting started, thus you can save (and submit) it as many times as you like.
- RHD Candidates must use their Affiliate account login to access and create a Research Data Management Plan (RDMP).
- When appropriated fields are completed please click 'Save and Submit', as this will trigger a storage allocation (if requested). You will still be able to update and edit your Plan as required.
To create a data management plan, please go to https://cqushare.cqu.edu.au/teams/research/dmp.
For support information about Data Management Plans, please visit the Research Data Management Library Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions / Troubleshooting advice
To access the Data Management Plan website (https://cqushare.cqu.edu.au/teams/research/dmp), you need to use your CQUniversity staff account. RHD students will need to use your Affiliate account login. If you are unable to enter your staff credentials, you may need to use one of the following workarounds.
- Make sure you are not logged into any University sites (such as Moodle or the student portal); If you are, log out of all of the sites before trying to open the website again.
- If you are logged into your CQUniversity computer using your student credentials, try using your staff credentials, or another computer.
- You could try using the Firefox web browser (you can download from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/), in which this web browser will allow you to enter different credentials when logging in.
The easiest way to print your data management plan is it use the inbuilt – print to PDF functionality. To do this:
Note: This should work on any of the popular web browsers.
- Go to your data management plans page https://cqushare.cqu.edu.au/teams/research/dmp/Lists/Research%20Data/Default.aspx and click on the “ … “ button of the desired data management plan you wish to export to a PDF file.
- Click on the “View Item” option.
- Whilst viewing the plan, click on the “Print to PDF” button on the top menu of your data management plan (see image below to highlight where the button is).
- Save the PDF to a suitable location
- You might wish to rename the file as well.
Once completed, you should have a PDF version of your data management plan.
Within the Data management plan, there is a field called “Add Additional CQU Staff members who need access to this Data Management Plan”. You can enter the names of the people you wish to give access to (such as collaborators, supervisors, etc) and then hitting the save button. You can remove access with these collaborators at any time by removing their name from this field and saving.
For further assistance please contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Phone: 1300369038