The Rockhampton Region Engagement Committee (RREC) provides the strategic link between CQUniversity and the Rockhampton Region community, business, industry, and government sectors to help explore and address community issues and/or industry needs for the region.
Active Engagement with High Schools
Raise the profile of CQUniversity with secondary schools within the RREC region to;
- Assist to increase the number of school leaver enrolments.
- Identify and support emerging opportunities for micro credentialling with local high schools and industry.
- Host annual AVP High School Dinner event for the purpose of profile building and two-way engagement in order to share University information and receive feedback from high schools which CQUniversity addresses.
- Engage with industry and not-for-profits as required to assist faculties with student placements, internships etc.
This activity aligns with the 'Our Students' pillar of the 2019-2023 CQUniversity Strategic Plan.
CQUniversity Faculties Engagement
- Continue building the RREC members' current knowledge base of the faculty – Deans' vision/operational plan in relation to the Rockhampton region.
- Continue to be the corresponding link between community, business, industry, government and CQUniversity – possibility of community problems/issues and/or industry needs which could be addressed by the University.
This activity aligns with the 'Our Communities' pillar of the 2019-2023 CQUniversity Strategic Plan.
Scholarships and Honorary Awardee Nominations and Alumni
- Maintain the established working relationship with the Advancement and Alumni Relations Directorate (AARD) and invite AARD representative to attend a committee meeting for further understanding and to source Honorary Award nominations.
- Nominate suitable Honorary Awardees in accordance with the newly developed and approved RREC nominations process to supplement the official CQUniversity Honorary Award nomination.
This activity also aligns with the 'Our Communities' pillar of the 2019-2023 CQUniversity Strategic Plan.
Social Innovation Collaborative Partnership
- To support the execution and implementation of the End Loneliness project as part of RREC's commitment to social innovation.
- Collate examples and opportunities of social innovation and social enterprise in our community.
- Tangible actions, collaborations and linkages to enable social innovation. Provide linkage from industry to define real world innovation issues via the RREC networks to provide to the campus students/courses.
This activity once again aligns with the 'Our Communities' pillar of the 2019-2023 CQUniversity Strategic Plan.
Mr Damon Morrison (Chair)
Executive Coordinator to the Mayor, Rockhampton Regional Council
Mrs Kim Harrington (Deputy Chair)
Associate Vice-President Rockhampton and Central Highlands Regions and VET International Business Development, CQUniversity
Ms Kaylee Taylor (Secretary)
Executive Assistant to the AVP (Rockhampton Region), CQUniversity
Mr Blake Harvey
General Manager Design & Delivery Standards
Energy Queensland Limited
Mr Ewan Filmer
Coordinator, Capricorn Citizen Advocacy
Mr Neil Lethlean
Economic Development Manager, Capricorn Enterprise
Mr Jason Pfingst
Mr Justin Power
Director, Justin Power Management Services
Mr Joe Ramsay
Senior Constable & Rockhampton Coordinator, Project Booyah, Qld Police Service
Mr Robert Rooney
Principal, Swanwick Murray Roche Lawyers
Ms Kerrie-Anne Frakes
Executive Director Rockhampton Business Unit, CQHHS
Ms Laurie Rainbird
Community Coastal Hazards Resilience Officer, Livingstone Shire Council
Mr Gerard Ilott
Snr Lecturer/ HOC, School of Business and Law, CQUniversity
Dr Lisa Wirihana
Senior Lecturer Nursing, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Sciences, CQUniversity
Mr Corey Bloomfield (proxy)
Lecturer / HOC, School of Education and The Arts, CQUniversity
Ms Patrice Brown
Director, CQG Consulting, CQUniversity Council Member
Ms Shelia Houston
Director, Cross Cultural Encounters, CQUniversity Council Member
Professor Steven Moore
Deputy Dean – Research /Professor, School of Engineering and Technology
Associate Professor Michele Wolfe
Deputy Dean – Learning & Teaching, School of Health, Medical & Applied Sciences
Mr Mick Allen
Director, Coordinator, Rockhampton Manufacturing Hub