The First 1000 Days - Stronger Foundations - PDC78319
If you have an interest in the earliest stage of human development from conception to the end of a child’s second year, then this online micro-credential is for you! You will develop and understanding of why the early years of a child’s life are critical in impacting on a range of outcomes throughout the life course. The social determinants of health will be outlined and the early interventions which can be adopted from an individual, community and government perspective to affect change will be discussed. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
3 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
The earliest stage of human development from conception to the end of a child’s second year is known as the first 1000 days. This micro-credential will provide you with an understanding of why the early years of a child’s life are critical in impacting on a range of outcomes throughout the life course. The social determinants of health will be outlined and the early interventions which can be adopted from an individual, community and government perspective to affect change will be discussed.
This micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Describe the developmental phases and influences across the first 1000 days
- Discuss ‘childhood’ from a temporal and social perspective
- Identify challenges and improvements that could impact on the first 1000 days.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements for this micro-credential.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.