PDC50179 - Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse Authorisation Course
At a glance
This online Short Course is for sexual and reproductive health nurses who are already working in an advanced capacity, to further enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to the safe supply and administration of medication within a sexual and reproductive health program according to the Drug Therapy Protocol – Sexual Health Program (including reproductive health), relevant approved Health Management Protocol and the Queensland Health (Drugs & Poisons) Regulation 1996.
N.B. In order to undertake this course, you must first apply to True Relationships and Reproductive Health and complete the eligibility package. Once you have been approved eligible by True Relationships and Reproductive Health you will be provided with your login details and you have 16 weeks from the enrolment date to complete the course.
The fee for this short course will be $400.00.
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This course provides Professional Development for Registered Nurses.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession.
After successful completion of the course, students will receive authorisation as a Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse with Queensland Health.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 40 CPD hours and co-branded CQUniversity and True Relationships and Reproduction Health Certificate of Completion.
Ideal for Registered Nurses working in the area of sexual health, you will be required to have met all prerequisites, and have submitted an Eligibility Pack to True Relationships and Reproductive Health.
Course Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate the ability to apply relevant legislation, policies and ethical principles to professional practice as an Authorised DTP Sexual Health Program Nurse
2. Define the differences between the key pharmacological principles:
a) including drug actions
b) principles and methods of administration and supply
c) drug calculations
d) application of specific drugs in specific conditions
e) identify needs of specific groups
f) normal and adverse reactions to drug therapy
g) appropriate interventions.
3. Demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge of Authorised Nurse's roles and responsibilities in the supply and administration of drugs
4. Implement comprehensive medication assessment for contraception, and supply medication according to the employer's Health Management Protocol and Drug Therapy Protocol - Sexual Health Program (including Reproductive Health)
5. Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality immunisation services according to:
a) Employer's Health Management Protocol and Drug Therapy Protocol - Sexual Health Program (including Reproductive Health)
b) Australian Immunisation Handbook
c) National Vaccine Storage Guidelines
6. Demonstrate the ability to assess individual client's vaccination requirements, manage vaccine processes and vaccination procedures
7. Identify and treat anaphylaxis according to organisational guidelines and procedures.
In order to undertake this course you must first apply to True Relationships and Reproductive Health and complete the eligibility package. Once you have been approved eligible by True Relationships and Reproductive Health you will be provided with your login details and you have 16 weeks from the enrolment date to complete the course.
You will be required to complete the self-directed online course and all relevant assessment.