Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse Authorisation Course
At a glance
Designed for sexual and reproductive health nurses who are working in an advanced capacity, to further enhance their knowledge and skills in the safe supply and administration of medication within a sexual and reproductive health program.
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This course consists of online theory whilst you are working in the field of sexual health. This is a 20 hour course completed online.
Upon successful completion, you will receive authorisation as a Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse with Queensland Health.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded 20 CPD hours and enables students to qualify as an Authorisation Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse with Queensland Health.
Ideal for Registered Nurses working in the area of sexual health, you will be required to have met all prerequisites, and have submitted an Eligibility Pack to True Relationships and Reproductive Health (formerly Family Planning Queensland) (also available on their website).
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply relevant legislation, policies and ethical principles to professional practice as an Authorised DTP Sexual Health Program Nurse.
- Define the differences between the key pharmacological principles:
- Demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge of Authorised Nurse's roles and responsibilities in the supply and administration of drugs
- Implement comprehensive medication assessment for contraception, and supply medication according to the employer's Health Management Protocol and Drug Therapy Protocol - Sexual Health Program (including Reproductive Health)
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality immunisation services according to:
- employer's Health Management Protocol and Drug Therapy Protocol - Sexual Health Program (including Reproductive Health)
- Australian Immunisation Handbook
- National Vaccine Storage Guidelines
- Demonstrate the ability to assess individual client's vaccination requirements, manage vaccine processes and vaccination procedures
- Identify and treat anaphylaxis according to organisational guidelines and procedures
Total Price: $400 via PayPal Link for direct access to the course at cpheonline.cqu.edu.au
In order to undertake this course you must first apply to True Relationships and Reproductive Health and complete the eligibility package. Once you have been approved eligible by True Relationships and Reproductive Health you will be provided with your login details and you have three months from the enrolment date to complete the course.
Access to this course is through our Learning Management System at cpheonline.cqu.edu.au
You will be required to complete the self-directed online course and all relevant assessment.