CPD42 - Asthma - An Introduction to Management
At a glance
This is a free short one hour course has been developed in partnership with the National Asthma Council Australia for basic asthma management. This course provides a brief introduction of physiology and pathology of an asthma airway, common symptoms, medication management, first aid interventions and the Asthma Action Plan.
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This is a one hour course completed online.
Successful completion of this course is awarded one CPD hour.
Learning outcomes for this course:
- Explain the effects of asthma on the airways
- List the three main factors that are known to increase the likelihood of developing asthma
- Identify common triggers of asthma
- Identify the common symptoms of asthma
- Recall first aid interventions for a person with a severe asthma flare-up
- Recognise the essential elements of an Asthma Action Plan and the treatment regime
Access to this course is through our Learning Management System at cpheonline.cqu.edu.au
Self-directed online course with quiz