Eligibility and how to apply
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for STEPS, you must be:
- 18 years of age in the year of enrolment*
- an Australian/ New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident; or
- a holder of a humanitarian visa.
You must also complete the STEPS diagnostic testing for literacy, numeracy and computing competence. The test results will help guide the planning of your individual course of study.
*You can apply at 17 years of age, but you must be turning 18 years of age in the year of enrolment.
How do I apply?
To apply, follow the steps listed below.
- Open the STEPS page in the CQUniversity Handbook and click on “Apply Online”. Once we receive your application, we will send you information about how to complete the STEPS diagnostic testing and an enrolment form.
- Complete the STEPS diagnostic testing for literacy, numeracy and computing competence and return the completed enrolment form.
Once we receive your enrolment form, one of our Access Coordinators will contact you to arrange a one-on-one interview to finalise your application.
If your application is successful, we will use the results and personal information from the STEPS diagnostic testing and interview, along with information about what you would like to study after STEPS, to plan an individual course of study just for you.
For more information on the above STEPS Information Sessions, please visit the CQUniversity Events Calendar
For more information contact our Student Advice team by calling 13 27 86 or send us an email: