CC25 - Diploma of Digital Media
At a glance
CQUniversity's Diploma of Digital Media can prepare you for para-professional work in the digital media industries. This course will provide you with skills and knowledge that can be applied in a variety of fields associated with design, technology and media.
|Study modes||On-Campus, Online|
|Rank||OP: 18 SR: 61 ATAR: 50.15|
|Pre-requisites||QTAC: English (4, SA); see entry requirements tab for UAC pre-requisites|
|Availability||Brisbane; Mackay Ooralea; Rockhampton North; Sydney; Online Study|
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time|
|Intake dates||March, July|
|QTAC Code||BDG: 812161, BNE: 882161, CNS: 822161, MKY: 842161, NSA: 872161, ROK: 852161, Online: 852165|
|VTAC Code||Online: 1700110631|
|UAC Code||SYD: 160810, Online: 160811|
* OP/SR/ATAR details provided on this page are from main round offers for Term 1 2018. They represent the minimum competitive rank that applications were considered for entry to a course. Entry to a course is competitive and a cut off score lower than the minimum competitive rank may have been needed to gain entry to a particular course. Entry ranks vary from year to year so are provided as a historical guide of past performance.
The digital revolution has dramatically changed the way we work, learn, play and communicate. It has created jobs that didn’t exist a decade ago and it has profoundly changed others. People who are skilled in the production and application of digital media are in demand. Completion of the Diploma of Digital Media will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities in fields such as:
- web design
- graphic design
- game development
- software development
- audio production
- video production
- film and television post-production
- visual effects
- education and training
The Diploma of Digital Media will prepare you to work within the digital media industries by providing practical skills and relevant theory that can be applied in a variety of fields associated with design, technology and media.
Working within multimedia computer laboratories and production studios, you will learn how to create digital media works using industry-standard software development tools and techniques.
This course will equip you with the skills to think critically, solve problems, communicate effectively and work independently in response to digital media project demands.
On completion of this course you may choose to further your skills with the Associate Degree or Bachelor of Digital Media.
Why Study at CQUniversity
Digital media qualifications at CQUniversity provide a growing wealth of opportunity in a field that is at the forefront of future development.
If you’re drawn to develop, create and innovate using digital mediums our courses will build your skills and provide you with the professional qualification you need to advance your career in this sector.
Flexible unit options in digital media allow you to specialise in creative areas of interest including film, photography, web development, game development and graphic design while also providing the opportunity to cultivate both technical and creative skills.
Structure and assessment
You are required to complete eight core units.
For example units you could study as part of the Diploma of Digital Media course please click here.
If you have any questions regarding this course, call 13 27 86.
Credit transfer information
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
Successful completion of an Australian Year 12 or equivalent: or completion of AQF Certificate IV or equivalent.
Find out more about academic requirements.
|IELTS Academic||5.5 with no individual band score of less than 5.0|
|TOEFL Internet-based||Overall score of 65 with no score less than 15|
|Pearson Test of English Academic||Overall score of 46 with no score less than 42|
Find out more about English requirements.
OP: 18 , SR: 61 , ATAR: 50.15
OP = Overall Position (QLD school leavers), SR = Selection Rank (mature age students), ATAR = Australian Tertiary Admission Rank
To successfully complete your studies, you may be required to demonstrate that you can meet course requirements associated with your course. For more information on these course requirements please view the ‘Course Requirements’ section found under the ‘What do I need to start?’ page under the ‘Getting Started’ tab of the Student Handbook . Additional information on student placements and work integrated learning can also be found in the Student Handbook, on the ‘Course Features’ page under ‘Getting Started’.
Fees and scholarships
Estimated first year fee: $26 160
Estimated full course cost: $26 160
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
Please see our Scholarships site for scholarships that you may be interested in.
How to Apply
iStart, our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.
Yes. Registering with iStart will allow you to do the following:
- Complete your application
- Monitor the status of your application
- Receive an offer
- Accept your offer.
Yes, iStart can accept applications for all courses including English, vocational, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and Research Higher Degrees (RHD).
You can apply to study English language only, or for both English language and academic course at the same time.
If your chosen academic course is available by online study, you can choose Distance Education on the relevant screen when you apply.
You can only submit one application. If you change your mind about the course you are applying for, please log into iStart and send an email to the International Admissions Team through the system or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for credit within iStart. Instructions are provided on the relevant screen.
You will need to provide certified* copies of the supporting documents below:
- Academic transcripts
- Translations of academic transcripts (if original documents are in a language other than English)
- Personal identification document e.g. passport
- Evidence that you meet the English requirement e.g. an English test result.
If you do not have your latest academic transcript, please provide a copy of your most recent academic transcript. The International Admissions Team will be in contact if they need further information or documentation.
* A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document with a certification stamp that includes the certifier's printed name, title or position, signature and date of notary. It may be from a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Declaration, a contracted agent of CQUniversity or the issuing authority of institution.
There is no application fee.
Yes. During the application, you will be able to indicate if you would like to apply for an International Student Scholarship. You may find more information on the International Student Scholarship, including the selection criteria on our website.
No. To apply for a Research Higher Degree (RHD) scholarship, you must use the Research Scholarship online application form. Please check what is available on the Research Scholarships page or email email@example.com with any queries. Please note that the RHD scholarship rounds are only open twice a year.
Research Higher Degree candidates apply via iStart with an Expression of Interest which asks you to select your course and location, along with providing a brief description of your proposed research topic. Expression of Interest must be submitted by the prospective candidate.
Depending upon the outcome of your Expression of Interest, you may be invited to submit a full application for admission as a research higher degree candidate. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant.
Once we receive all required supporting documents, it will take approximately 10 to 14 working days to process.
You can log into iStart to check the status of your application. You will receive an email from the International Admissions Team notifying you of the outcome of your application.
Please email the International Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email the International Admissions Team at email@example.com describing the issue.
For further information
If you have any questions about the course, please call us on 13 27 86.
You can also register your interest to stay up-to-date with course developments, application timelines and events happening in your area.