ICT30115 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
At a glance
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technical functions and to achieve a degree of self-sufficiency as an advanced ICT user.
Persons working at this level will support information technology activities in the workplace across a wide range of ICT areas, including technical support, network administration, web technologies, software applications and digital media technologies.
Seventeen (17) units must be successfully completed - six (6) core units and eleven (11) set electives.
|Availability||Mackay City, Rockhampton City,|
|Full course cost||$3,825.00|
Hours of Study
Twelve (12) months.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include: help desk officer, help desk assistant, ICT operations support, ICT user support, PC support, technical support.
There are no entry requirements for this course, however completion of Certificate II in Information, Digital Media & Technology is highly recommended.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Is what I already know taken into account?
Yes. Your history of study, skills and experience does matter. Consideration is given to your prior life and work experiences as well as formal and informal training. This may be applied using the national standard for Mutual Recognition or through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Documentary evidence will be requested.
Structure and assessment
Standard Course Structure
- Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment (ICTICT202)
- Operate application software packages (ICTICT203)
- Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement (ICTWEB201)
Business Work Practices Cluster
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices (BSBSUS401)
- Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes (BSBWHS304)
System Building and Testing Cluster
- Connect internal hardware components (ICTICT303)
- Run standard diagnostic tests (ICTSAS301)
Business Networking Cluster
- Provide network systems administration (ICTNWK301)
- Determine and action network problems (ICTNWK302)
- Configure and administer a network operating system (ICTNWK303)
- Administer network peripherals (ICTNWK304)
- Install and manage network protocols (ICTNWK305)
- Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network (ICTSAS307)
Advanced Documentation Cluster
- Create user documentation (ICTICT301)
- Use advanced features of computer applications (ICTICT308)
- Install and optimise operating system software (ICTICT302)
- Provide basic system administration (ICTSAS304)
To view more information about these units, as well as the suggested study plan, please visit the handbook.
CQUniversity Mackay City
There are two intakes each year for this course. The next intake will be for Term 2 2017.
Duration and dates
CQUniversity Rockhampton City
There are two intakes per year for this course. The next intake will be for Term 2 2017.
Duration and dates
Fees and scholarships
Full course cost: $3,825.00
Unit cost: $225.00
The Queensland Government determines the schedule set by CQUniversity. Additional fees may be charged for printed materials, protective clothing and tools etc. A full copy of all regulations associated with VET fees can be accessed from the Queensland Government Legislation website.
All fees must be paid to finalise enrolment or a payment arrangement entered into. You will be liable for all payments, even if you discontinue enrolment, subject to the Refund Policy. Debt recovery action will be taken to recover outstanding fees. Please select from the following:
- VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans will commence from 1 January 2017 and is an interest free Australian Government income contingency loan that assists eligible full fee paying students to pay their Tuition Fees.
- VET Government funded programs
The cost of these programs is based on a student contribution fee. A concession may be available in some situations. Additional resource/material costs will vary from program to program.
- VET fee-for-service programs (full fee paying)
These are competitively priced full-fee paying programs which do not attract concessions.
Please refer to the scholarship pages for more information.
How to Apply
You’ve made an excellent choice. Now that you have decided to train or study at CQUniversity, the next step is to apply, and we’re here to assist you every step of the way.
Before you apply, you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you don’t have a USI, creating one is quick and easy. Simply visit usi.gov.au to create one.
You can apply to study ICT30115 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology by clicking the Apply Now button below.