Education and Humanities
At CQUniversity, our education and humanities courses are innovative and unique in their approach to learning. Whether you are looking to start your career, or widen and improve your employment prospects, CQUniversity can help you achieve your goals.
An education course at CQUniversity can provide you with the knowledge and skills required to be successful in your chosen learning context while our humanities courses will allow you to explore disciplines that study the way humans recognise, record and debate human practices, meanings and values.
Within our education courses, practice is effectively integrated with theory providing you with a thorough understanding of education and ensuring you are classroom ready. Due to the close and continuing relationship between schools, we have the support of schools in accepting students on practical placements. You will benefit from frequent contact between yourself and staff, as well as smaller class sizes. The integration of education with almost all industries provides an opportunity for you to be able to pursue a career in something you are passionate about or talented in. For example, if you are a talented musician, or have a keen interest in sport or the outdoors, you may consider teaching as a career direction as it allows you to explore your passion through teaching others.
The flexible structure of our humanities courses encourages you to tailor your own course by combining a selection of majors, minors and units in humanities, social sciences and professional disciplines. You will experience a variety of perspectives, methodologies and learning styles and develop contemporary understandings both of the human condition and of how society operates.
In addition to the specialist skills and knowledge you will gain by studying one of our education and humanities courses, you will also have the opportunity to gain crucial lifelong learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Specialisation)/Bachelor of Professional Communication
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Professional Communication
- Diploma of Arts
- Diploma of Secondary School Teaching (Specialisation)
- Graduate Certificate in Brain Based Education
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Religious Education
- Graduate Certificate in Research
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary and Adult Education
- Master of Letters
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)