Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning in Strategic Marketing - PDC73074
Did you know that one of the most popular marketing models used in modern business practices is the segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) model? If you’d like to know more about how this model represents a shift away from the traditional marketing model, then this micro-credential is for you! You will learn about consumer awareness and target marketing, segmentation and product positioning. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
13 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential will examine one of the most popular marketing models used in modern business practices. The use of the segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) model represents a shift away from the traditional marketing model that focused on product differentiation to a deeper awareness of the consumptive behaviour of consumers. Market segmentation involves identifying the various potential target audiences for a company's product or brand. There are many ways to segment a market including segmentation according to age, gender, purchasing habits or hobbies. Market targeting involves directing and crafting a company's product or brand to a particular audience. Product positioning involves the distribution and promotion of the product to the chosen segment.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
13 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the most popular marketing models used in modern business practices
- Discuss how market segmentation involves identifying the various potential target audiences for a company's product or brand
- Outline how product positioning involves the distribution and promotion of the product to the chosen segment.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.