Greg Sutherland Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to one deserving student enrolled in an Bachelor degree focusing on psychology. The late Greg Sutherland is remembered as a dedicated member of the Rotary Club of Mackay and the Mackay region community who, in 2012, was the region’s Citizen of the Year.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater); 3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; South Sea Islander; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Greg Sutherland Memorial Scholarship an applicant must:
- Be studying one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology Specialisation)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science;
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology);
- Have a residential postcode in the Mackay region
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date in Term 1, 2018.
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Humanitarian Visa.
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $2,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applicants must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
To apply for the Greg Sutherland Memorial Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Complete Applications must be received by the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity and the scholarship donor will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance.