Glencore Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving second year engineering student majoring in either electrical, mechanical or mechatronics.
Scholarship Value: $30,000 ($5,000 in Term 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 3 (Three) years
Opening Date: 15 September 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive the Glencore Engineering Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be entering into their 2nd year of study in Term 1, 2019
- Be studying as a full-time student in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Diploma of Professional Practice (Co-op Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Be majoring in one of the following:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date in Term 1, 2019
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident with a permanent home address in Australia
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled with a full-time study load as at Census Date of each term (Terms 1& 2 only)
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Glencore Engineering Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity and Glencore Coal Assets Australia will determine the successful applicant. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant/s of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Glencore Coal Assets Australia
One of the world's largest seaborne thermal coal exporters, as well as one of Australia's largest coal producers.