Advance Queensland STEM.I.AM Scholarship
The scholarship will promote the study of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in Queensland and increase the number of Indigenous people studying STEM at university. This Scholarship will also provide recognition and financial assistance to an Indigenous student enrolled into a CQUniversity Engineering or Information Technology Bachelor degree.
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Length of Scholarship: Once Off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Region||Biloela; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Noosa; Rockhampton; Townsville; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be a 2018 school leaver
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019 as a first‐year Undergraduate student in 2019
- Be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Be studying in Queensland
- Preference will be given to applicants studying full-time on campus
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Be enrolled in one of the following CQUniversity Bachelor courses:
- Bachelor of Digital Media
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Co‐Op)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (preference given to applicants who have demonstrated an interest in Mechatronics)
- Any dual degree that includes one of the five courses listed above
- Be enrolled at Census date of Term 1, 2019
- Have a permanent home address in Australia
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
Applicants will be assessed based on application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course with a full-time study load as at Census date of each term (Term 1 & 2)
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
$5,000/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments are based on study load each term and will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here.
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipients will be determined by a selection panel made of CQUniversity representatives. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Please visit here for further information about the Donor.