Advance Queensland STEM.I.AM Scholarship
The Scholarship will promote the study of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in Queensland and increase the number of Indigenous people studying STEM at university. This Scholarship will also provide recognition and financial assistance to one Indigenous student enrolled into a CQUniversity Engineering or Information Technology Bachelor degree.
Scholarship Value: $10,000 ($5,000/ Term (based on a full-time study load) for Term 1 & 2, 2018)
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) year
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Region||Biloela; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Noosa; Rockhampton; Townsville; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be a 2017 school leaver and enrolled as a first‐year Undergraduate student in 2018;
- Be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Be studying a full‐time term course load (18 credit points or more) in Terms 1 and Term 2 2018;
- Be studying in Queensland, either through distance education or on‐campus. Preference will be given to applicants studying on‐campus;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*;
- Be enrolled in one of the following CQUniversity Bachelor courses:
- Bachelor of Digital Media;
- Bachelor of Information Technology;
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Co‐Op);
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology;
- Bachelor of Engineering (preference given to applicants who have demonstrated an interest in Mechatronics).
- Any dual degree that includes one of the five courses listed above;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of between 500‐700 words addressing the four criteria (equally weighted):
- Your reasons for selecting the chosen study course, along with long‐term career goals;
- Any history of involvement within your school, local community or extracurricular activities;
- How your intended degree could potentially benefit their local community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Queensland?
- Your financial hardship or disadvantage.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course with a full-time study load as at Census date of each term (Term 1 & 2)
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
$5,000/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
$2,500/term part-time term study load (12 credit points or less)
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments are based on study load each term and will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipients will be determined by a selection panel made of CQUniversity representatives. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Please visit here for further information about the Donor.