CQUniCares Queensland Alumina Scholarship
The purpose of this Scholarship shall be to support deserving first year students enrolled in a Bachelor of Applied Science, Environmental Science, Business, Engineering or Information Technology. To celebrate Queensland Alumina Limited for its philanthropic leadership and commitment to local talent for the benefit of the Gladstone community over the last 50 years.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (one) Year
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be a 1st year student in any of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Have a residential address in the Gladstone region
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
Applications from female and/or Indigenous students are encouraged.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities-- especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments are based on study load each term and will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Queensland Alumina Limited Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Queensland Alumina Ltd and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. The intention is to award one scholarship to either a female and/or Indigenous student. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Queensland Alumina Limited
Queensland Alumina is one of the largest alumina refineries in Australia, and has been operating and supporting the Gladstone Region for over 50 years. For more info, please visit: www.qal.com.au