CQUniCares Queensland Alumina Scholarship
The purpose of this Scholarship shall be to support deserving first year students enrolled in a Bachelor of Applied Science, Environmental Science, Business, Engineering or Information Technology. To celebrate Queensland Alumina Limited for its philanthropic leadership and commitment to local talent for the benefit of the Gladstone community over the last 50 years.
Scholarship Value: up to $5,000 ($2,500/term in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) year
Number Available: 2
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled as a first year student in Term 1, 2018 in either a CQUniversity Bachelor of Applied Science, Environmental Science, Business, Engineering or Information Technology course;
- Have a residential address in the Gladstone Regional Council area;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
Applications from female and/or Indigenous students are encouraged.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
"How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?"
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments are based on study load each term and will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
To apply for the Queensland Alumina Limited Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Queensland Alumina Ltd and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. The intention is to award one scholarship to either a female and/or Indigenous student. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Queensland Alumina Limited
Queensland Alumina is one of the largest alumina refineries in Australia, and has been operating and supporting the Gladstone Region for over 50 years. For more info, please visit: www.qal.com.au