Megan Leane Dietitian Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving student enrolled in an undergraduate degree focusing on health & sciences.
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Length of Scholarship: Once Off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Diploma; Advanced Diploma; Associate Degree; Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive the Megan Leane Dietitian Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be studying in a Health or Sciences undergraduate course
- Be enrolled with a full-time study load
- Have a residential address in the Gladstone region
- Preference will be given to Gladstone region highschool leavers
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $1,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of Ms Megan Leane and representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Megan Leane Dietitian is a locally owned and operated Dietitian practice in Gladstone, Central QLD. Our Dietitians are passionate about health and acknowledge there is no "one-size-fits-all" approach to nutrition. For more info, please visit: www.meganleane.com