Equity Study Grant - Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree Only
A one-off grant to assist low income CQUniversity Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree students to supplement some of the educational costs incurred as part of their studies.
Scholarship Value: $500
Length of Scholarship: One-off payment
Number Available: Limited
Opening Date: 01 February 2017
Closing Date: 01 December 2017
|Study Level||Diploma; Advanced Diploma; Associate Degree; VET; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||First Year; 2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Equity Study Grant, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in Units in a CQUniversity Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree in the term they are applying for the Grant;
- Be in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate low/personal family income;
- Be a student with a permanent home address in Australia; either an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a student with an Australian Permanent Visa;
- Have not previously received an Equity Study Grant in 2017;
- The course must be the applicant’s primary program of study in which they are enrolled.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation and personal statement demonstrating a genuine need for the funds by addressing the following:
- How will the Equity Study Grant be used to assist you to complete your studies at CQUniversity this year?
Payment of Equity Study Grant
- If the application is successful, payment of the Equity Study Grant will be made via electronic funds transfer to the student’s bank account. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their current banking details are entered into their My Centre for payment to occur.
Terms and Conditions of Grant
- As there is a limited allocation of Equity Study Grants available, the decision regarding all successful applications will be final.
- Personal statement
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
To apply for the Equity Study Grant :
- Be enrolled in a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- Read the Grant Guidelines
- Complete a Grant Application Form
- Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Grant Guidelines and Application Form
- Submit your Grant Application to the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre - refer to the Grant Application Form for submission options.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email sent to student email accounts only, as soon as possible after the assessment process has been finalised.