CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor's Pathways Scholarship - VET (Vocational Education and Training)
CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor’s Pathways Scholarship Program recognises and rewards students who have undertaken and successfully completed prior study in one of three pathway options available at CQUniversity – SUN, STEPS, TEP or VET programs. The VC’s Pathways Scholarship aims to assist students with the costs of University as they continue their learning journey and transition into a CQUniversity Undergraduate degree in 2017.
Scholarship Value: $18,000 Max. (up to $6000/year)
Length of Scholarship: The duration of one program (up to 4.5 years)
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 06 December 2016
Closing Date: 29 January 2017
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; Future; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor's Pathways Scholarship – VET an applicant must:
- Have successfully completed a Diploma, Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma at CQUniversity (formally Central Queensland Institute of TAFE) within the two years prior to entry into a CQUniversity Bachelor program
- Be commencing study in a Bachelor degree at CQUniversity for Term 1, 2017*
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of a Australian Permanent Visa**
- Be enrolled at Census date of Term 1 2017
* Students who commenced their Bachelor studies in either Terms 2 or 4 of 2016 will also be eligible to apply for the scholarship
** Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Applicants are required to also include a written submission addressing the following question:
- What are your Career aspirations?
As well as additional supporting documentation demonstrating the following:
- Evidence of considerable community involvement (written references, certificates of achievement, etc.)
Successful Scholarship recipients:
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress , i.e. passing all courses of study at the first attempt and maintaining a minimum GPA of 4.0
- May only be awarded one CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor's Pathways Scholarship
- Are also encouraged to participate in the Student Ambassador Program where possible, which involves casual paid work. The Student Ambassador Coordinator will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.
- Must be enrolled at Census Date of each term to receive payment. Term 3 is an optional term.
- Are not able to defer (put on hold) their scholarship until Term 2, 2017 or later
- Maximum deferral period is two terms (excluding Term 3)
Students are required to notify the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre if there are any changes in their circumstances which impact on the above terms and conditions. Should a student not continue to meet the above terms and conditions the scholarship will become invalid, unless at the University's discretion extenuating circumstances are considered.
Payment of the Scholarship
The Scholarship will be paid via electronic funds transfer directly to the student after Census dates of each term. The scholarship payment per term is based on term study load. Students who undertake a part-time term study load will receive a pro-rata payment.
To apply for the CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor's Pathway Scholarship - VET:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Application Form
- Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines and Application Form
- Submit your Scholarship Application to the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre by the closing date – refer to the Scholarship Application Form for submission options
Please Note: Complete Applications must be received at the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by the closing date.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will meet to short list applicants. The Vice-Chancellor will have final approval of the successful applicant. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after a decision has been reached.