Ann Poppleton Memorial Nursing Scholarship
A Scholarship to support a mature aged Bachelor of Nursing Student from the Central Queensland region who demonstrates a need for financial assistance. The Scholarship is provided by friends and family of the late Ann Poppleton, who was a mature student, embarking on a second career. It was her desire to make a difference and help others through her nursing, and the scholarship aims to support students with similar values and situation.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Region||Biloela; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Ann Poppleton Memorial Nursing Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a continuing second year or greater student in the Bachelor of Nursing course (CQ23)
- Be able to provide evidence of financial hardship
- Have a residential postcode in the Central Queensland region
- Be 25 years old or older
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2018
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $2,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
- Evidence of academic achievement (previous academic records, CQUniversity unofficial transcripts)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
To apply for the Ann Poppleton Memorial Nursing Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be by the scholarship donor/s. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets