Professional Boundaries - A Health Professionals Guide - PDC20094
The relationship between the health care professional and their client is essentially based on trust. These relationships can become quite close and sometimes it is difficult to draw the precise lines for professional behaviour when we are sometimes very involved in a client’s care. If you are a health professional, you are expected to recognise which behaviours may cross and/or avoid the crossing the line of professionalism. This online micro-credential will give you the skills to assist in recognising the lines of appropriate professional behaviour while maintaining good client care. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential provides an overview of the professional standards and responsibilities expected of health professionals, the concept of the therapeutic relationship, the potential warning signs, risks of crossing professional boundaries and safe practice principles. These responsibilities and principles can be applied in the contexts of health, community and social service sectors.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Micro-credentialDuration: 1 hour online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify professional boundaries when working with client/s
- Observe professional codes of conduct
- Recall what constitutes a boundary crossing, violation and misconduct
- Reflect on the importance of maintaining professional boundaries
- Outline working in an ethical manner with client/s.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.