Metal Technologies and Design - PDC86971
As a teacher, are you interested in the projects or procedures used by Industrial Technology & Design (ITD) teachers in teaching student of the middle years (7-10)? If so, this 3-day workshop will provide you with the foundational skills required to teach a middle year metalwork class that have yet to develop the skill level that senior classes possess. You will be introduced to different hand tools and equipment used in a metalwork classroom and required to complete 5 school projects at the workshop which are aligned to certain year levels. You will receive important teaching, classroom management and administration tips from practicing teachers. For further information and workshop dates please contact email@example.com This workshop is awarded a Certificate of Attendance as evidence of your Professional Development.
Professional Development Course is 24 hours.
The aim of this workshop is to provide you with the foundational skills required to teach a Middle Year Metalwork class that have yet to develop the skill level that a Senior class possesses. This workshop provides an introduction into projects and procedures used by Industrial Technology and Design (ITD) Teachers in the teaching students of the Middle Years 7-10. During the 3 days you will be assessed on your knowledge and understanding of processes & procedures. You will be introduced to the different hand tools and equipment used in a Metalwork classroom. You will be required to complete 5 school projects at the workshop which are aligned to certain year levels. You will be provided with suggested techniques and practical skills that are helpful in the teaching of Metalwork students. You will receive important teaching, classroom management and administration tips from practicing teachers.
This 3-day PD Workshop includes:
Knowledge of this and other fabricated materials and their use in production processes will be gained through working with industrial machinery, digital and hand tool technologies. Students will design, develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising knowledge of hands-on skills working with metal and other fabricated materials.
Resources provided for participants: All consumables (i.e. materials necessary to undertake workshop activities).
This is a Professional Development Course which is awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Standard Professional Development CourseDuration:
Professional Development Course is 24 hours.
On completion of the workshop students will gain an understanding of:
1. Theory of metalwork in context of school-based learning
2. Requirements to complete of typical projects made by students years 7 to 10 with demonstrations of appropriate teaching and assessment techniques
3. Requirements of practical classroom management strategies
4. Hand skills and use of hand tools
5. Reading plans, writing work procedures
6. Workshop planning and maintenance
7. Workplace Health and Safety in the classroom.
- 3 Day Practical Skills Workshop
- Written Assessment.
Teachers working in Queensland who need to upskill in the discipline. The workshop is limited to 4 students only.
Undertaking this Professional Development Course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the Professional Development Course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired course, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the courses (and micro-credentials) you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of courses (and micro-credentials) on your Dashboard.