Women in Technology Scholarship
The Women in Technology Scholarships are awarded to women of any age, pursuing a technology degree or closely related program or who are pursuing continued advancement in technology. Zonta International offers up to 32 scholarships of US$2,000 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships in the amount of US$8,000 each.
Scholarship Value: U$ 8000
Length of Scholarship: once off
Number Available: 6 (six)
Opening Date: 21 June 2019
Closing Date: 12 July 2019
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year; Final/4th year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
Who is Eligible?
Women of any age, pursuing a technology degree or closely related program, who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible to apply.
Women not enrolled in a university are also eligible as long as they submit:
- Evidence of completed trainings and outstanding performance.
- Description of current job with information about path that led to that job.
- Employer confirmation and recommendation or client testimonial supported by evidence. Reason for applying and description of desired career.
- Evidence of educational project plan (e.g. proof of course opportunities).
Golden Z club members may apply. Classified members (club members and individuals with direct membership with Zonta International) and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, and their family members (ancestors, descendants, adoptees, siblings, nieces or cousins, and those of their spouse or co-habiting partner), are not eligible to apply.
How may I use the Scholarship Funds
- The scholarship may be used for any expenses that support the achievement of a degree or continuing advancement in technology or a closely related field.
- For domestic and foreign recipients living in the United States, scholarship funds used for tuition, books, fees, supplies or required equipment for the program of study are not considered taxable income. Withholding taxes may be required on funds used for living expenses or other non-qualified expenses.
- Recipients are not permitted to defer the Scholarship. Zonta International will consider a new application the following year, but no preferential consideration will be given to the second application.
- Recipients may accept additional grants and scholarships from other sources.
Complete an official application in English. Please note that only typed applications will be accepted and considered. All non-English documents must be translated into English. The following documents are to be submitted in the application package. Applications can be downloaded from the Zonta International website and must include:
- Verification of current enrollment by school/institute official (if applicable)
- Two confidential recommendations from a faculty member in the major field of study, academic advisor, organization supervisors or volunteer supervisors. (Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to write recommendation letters for applicants.) or
- Employer confirmation and recommendation or client testimonial supported by evidence (if applicable).
- An essay of 500 words or less that clearly describes your academic and/or professional goals, the relevance of the program and how the Women in Technology Scholarship will assist you in reaching your goals. (Essays exceeding 500 words will not be considered.)
- If applicable, list and include official detailed transcripts of grades or equivalent records for all universities, colleges or institutes attended with an explanation of the grading system for each transcript submitted.
- All non-English documents must be translated into English.
- All application materials must be received at the Zonta club by the deadline printed on the application. If the Zonta club contact information is not printed on the application, please locate a Zonta club nearest you by using the Club Locator or email your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters at email@example.com. Please note that applicants may not apply to more than one Zonta district.
- Articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
- Applications that are incomplete or late due to postal delays, transmittal by third parties, or other circumstances will not be considered. Applications are accepted by email or regular mail; however, email submissions are preferred. Applications submitted by email must be signed and sent as a PDF.