CQUniCares Accommodation Scholarship
The CQUniCares Accommodation Scholarship assists students from low SES backgrounds with expenses associated with relocating for the purpose of undertaking internal studies at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Rockhampton Capricornia College – Approx $5,000 (including food) / Mackay Canefield College – Approx $3,500 (excluding food)
Length of Scholarship: Term 2, 2020
Number Available: Multiple
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Mackay; Rockhampton|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Accommodation Scholarship successful applicants must:
- be identified as low SES as at the time of initial enrolment with CQUniversity
- be enrolled or intending to enrol in an undergraduate course as the primary course of study in Term 2, 2020
- Associate Degree;
- Advanced Diploma
- Diploma (higher education)
- be relocating to live on-campus at either Rockhampton or Mackay
- be studying with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more
- be enrolled at Census date in Term 2, 2020
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa*
- not be receiving any other CQUniversity Scholarship
*Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Applicants will be assessed based on their low SES classification and degree of disadvantage. Preference will be given to:
- students who have demonstrated low personal or family income
- students with a medical condition/disability
- students not living in close proximity to a CQUniversity campus
- students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses
- Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students.
Payment of Scholarship
Payment of accommodation (plus food in Rockhampton) will be made directly to the CQUniversity Student Residential College on behalf of the successful applicant. The scholarship will include:
- Application Fee
- Facilities Levy
- 15 weeks accommodation (Term 2 only)
- Meals at Rockhampton Capricornia College only
This scholarship cannot be amended, transferred or redeemed for cash. This scholarship does not include linen or any other fees or charges issued by the Capricornia or Canefield Colleges.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission addressing the selection criteria
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript or similar document demonstrating previous academic achievement/success
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement or leadership
- Evidence of low income/financial hardship (optional – additional preference only)
To apply for a CQUniCares Accommodation Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.