PDC54042 - Introduction to the National Health Priorities in Australia
|Duration||1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
What are the diseases and conditions that contribute significantly to the burden of illness, and what are the strategies to manage the impact of chronic health in the community? Find out in this online self-paced online micro-credential. If you are a Registered Exercise Professional with AUSactive as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain 1 AUSactive CEC point on the successful completion of this course.
This online micro-credential provides an overview of the Australian National Health Priority Areas as outlined by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. The course will highlight the diseases and conditions that contribute significantly to the burden of illness, and discuss the strategies by government to manage the financial and social impact of chronic health in the community.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
If you are a Registered Exercise Professional with AUSactive as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain 1 AUSactive CEC on the successful completion of this micro-credential. On successful completion of the quizzes your Certificate will be available. You will be required to upload that certificate into your CEC diary on your AUSactive account and you will be able to select your approved course (micro-credential). This will apply the CECs to your account. A team member from AUSactive will review the uploaded certificate as soon as possible to verify that it matches the selected course.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Explain the role of government in the provision of healthcare in Australia
- Outline the Australian National Health Priority Areas
- Describe some of the strategies in place to reduce the burden of illness in Australia.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential are expected to have successfully completed a fitness professional qualification of Certificate IV in Fitness or greater.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.