PDC73084 - Contracts and Sales of Goods
|Duration||12 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
In Australia and many other countries, contract law refers to the legal guidelines that regulate agreements between parties. A contract is usually legally binding when the following features are present: an agreement (offer and acceptance); consideration (stipulated return for what is received); intention to form a legal relationship (parties have the intention of legal consequences); and capacity of contractual parties (ability of parties to enter into the contract). However, the nuances of contract law vary substantially depending on the country. When conducting business internationally, often the Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) treaty is applied. This treaty, or formal agreement between states, ensures there is a uniform standard of laws to follow for the contracting parties regardless of their own domestic contract laws. Throughout this online micro-credential, you will learn not only about the fundaments of contract law in general but also about the CISG and how it applies to your business when conducting international business. You will also learn about the means of payment and digital sales.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
12 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the key features of a legally binding contract
- Outline the role of the International Sale of Goods (CISG) treaty when conducting contractual arrangements internationally
- Describe the means of payment and digital sales for international contracts.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.