PDC51967 - Coaching and Mentoring for Alumni
The purpose of both coaching and mentoring is to help and support people to manage their own learning and to maximise individual potential, skills, performance and personal development. This online micro-credential provides a unique environment in which students can expand their knowledge and understanding of coaching and mentoring. The micro-credential aims to provide theoretical understanding, experiential knowledge and skill necessary to equip CQUniversity alumni to undertake coaching and/or mentoring in a range of contexts. In addition, students will explore how to assist others in the practical skills and understanding needed for successful one-to-one support.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Standard Micro-credential StructureDuration:
- Develop understanding of the role of an alumnus in mentoring current university students
- Identify principles of coaching and the mentoring processes
- Apply foundational models of coaching and mentoring
- Recognise the core competencies of a coach and mentor
- Differentiate between preceptor, coach and mentor
- Develop an understanding of the principles of adult learning and providing feedback in the mentor role.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, this micro-credential is suitable for CQUniversity Alumni.