How to apply
How to apply
You've made an excellent choice. Now that you've decided to train or study at CQUniversity, the next step is to apply, and we're here to assist you every step of the way.
The application process depends on whether you are a domestic or international student, your educational background and the level of education and training you wish to pursue.
Navigate using the links below to find information that is relevant to you.
- Tafe courses including short courses, certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas
- Undergraduate study including associate and bachelor degrees, and some diplomas
- Postgraduate and honours degrees
- Research higher degrees
- Single non-award units
- English, work and study preparation
- Cross institutional study
- Current students change of course
- Direct Entry
iStart, our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.
Yes. Registering with iStart will allow you to do the following:
- Complete your application
- Monitor the status of your application
- Receive an offer
- Accept your offer.
Yes, iStart can accept applications for all courses including English, vocational, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and Research Higher Degrees (RHD).
You can apply to study English language only, or for both English language and academic course at the same time.
If your chosen academic course is available by distance education, you can choose Distance Education on the relevant screen when you apply.
You can only submit one application. If you change your mind about the course you are applying for, please log into iStart and send an email to the International Admissions Team through the system or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for credit within iStart. Instructions are provided on the relevant screen.
You will need to provide certified* copies of the supporting documents below:
- Academic transcripts
- Translations of academic transcripts (if original documents are in a language other than English)
- Personal identification document e.g. passport
- Evidence that you meet the English requirement e.g. an English test result.
If you do not have your latest academic transcript, please provide a copy of your most recent academic transcript. The International Admissions Team will be in contact if they need further information or documentation.
* A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document with a certification stamp that includes the certifier's printed name, title or position, signature and date of notary. It may be from a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Declaration, a contracted agent of CQUniversity or the issuing authority of institution.
There is no application fee.
Yes. During the application, you will be able to indicate if you would like to apply for a Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship. You may find more information on the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, including the selection criteria on our website.
No. To apply for a Research Higher Degree (RHD) scholarship, you must use the Research Scholarship online application form. Please check what is available on the Research Scholarships page or email email@example.com with any queries. Please note that the RHD scholarship rounds are only open twice a year.
Once we receive all required supporting documents, it will take approximately 10 to 14 working days to process.
You can log into iStart to check the status of your application. You will receive an email from the International Admissions Team notifying you of the outcome of your application.
Please email the International Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email the International Admissions Team at email@example.com describing the issue.