How to apply
How to apply
You've made an excellent choice. Now that you've decided to train or study at CQUniversity, the next step is to apply, and we're here to assist you every step of the way.
The application process depends on whether you are a domestic or international student, your educational background and the level of education and training you wish to pursue.
Navigate using the links below to find information that is relevant to you.
- Tafe courses including short courses, certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas
- Undergraduate study including associate and bachelor degrees, and some diplomas
- Postgraduate and honours degrees
- Research higher degrees
- Single non-award courses
- English, work and study preparation
- Cross institutional study
- Current students change of program
The following provides step-by-step instructions on how an international student can apply to an English course and undergraduate and postgraduate coursework at CQUniversity. For information on how to apply for a research higher degree, please visit the research section of the website.
1. Choose your program.
Review the English courses available and choose one that best suits your needs.
2. Apply through one of the following ways:
- Through our Online Application for Admission system which is recommended as it is quick and secure. Please note that if you intend to study an academic program at CQUniversity as well, please apply online for your academic program, and then select the option to add an English language program in the 'English proficiency' section if this is desired.
- You can also complete an online application form. Once you have completed the online application form you should receive an email reply to the supplied email address within 24 hours.
- Download and complete a hardcopy application form and send the completed form to the address specified on the form.
3. Accept your offer.
If your application is successful, CQUniversity will send you an Offer of Admission.
We are committed to protecting the standard of your education. It is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities as an international student prior to accepting your offer.
1. Find a program that interests you.
Use the course search function to find a program. Check if you are eligible for any scholarships.
3. Ensure all supporting documents are certified*.
Supporting documents includes:
- Certified copies of secondary and tertiary certificates and academic transcripts
- Certified translations of certificates and academic transcripts (if original documents are in a language other than English)
- Certified copy of your passport
- Evidence that you meet the English requirement
4. Apply for credit transfer (if applicable).
If you have successfully completed subjects from other institutions, you may be able to apply for credit transfer (also known as credit exemption or recognition of prior learning). If you are applying for credit transfer, you must provide supporting documents such as transcripts/results and course (subject or unit) outlines. Submit the application for credit transfer form with your application to study at CQUniversity.
5. Apply online.
Applying online is quick and secure. Alternatively, you may submit your application through an agent.
6. Screen for Genuineness Criteria.
CQUniversity will screen all applications for admission against the Genuine Temporary Entrant and Genuine Student criteria as defined by the Department of Immigration and Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
*Certification stamp must include the certifier's printed name, title or position, signature and date of notary. It may be from a Justice of Peace, Commissioner of Declaration, a contracted agent of CQUniversity or the issuing authority of institution.
Once your application is received, CQUniversity will do the following:
1. Assess application for University entry requirements.
CQUniversity will assess your application against the minimum age, English and academic requirements.
2. Make Offer of Admission.
If your application is successful, we will make you a full Offer of Admission. If we are unable to make you a full offer immediately, we will make you a Conditional Offer. This means you will need to provide more information such as final results or results of an English exam.
If you are not successful for your first program preference, we will assess you for the next preference as specified in your application form or recommend a pathway program.
Offer of Admission includes:
- Letter of Offer
- International Student Contract
- Electronic Remittance Advice Form
- Credit Card Authority Form
- Bank Account Details Form
3. Accept Offer of Admission.
For instructions on how to accept your offer, see here.
We are committed to protecting the standard of your education. It is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities as an international student, prior to accepting your offer.
4. Upon receipt of required supporting documentation, we will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
Aside from the supporting documentation listed in the pre-application process, CQUniversity requires that you provide the following prior to issuing the COE:
- A Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) if you are under 18 years of age. This is evidence that you have CQUniversity-approved guardianship and accommodation.
5. Apply for your student visa.
Once you have received a COE from CQUniversity, you will need to apply for your student visa via the DIBP online system.
Your student visa will come with various conditions which you must abide by. See Visa conditions for Student Visa holders.
6. Make travel arrangements.
Once you are issued with a student visa, you can proceed to book your flight and accommodation. At this stage, students under 18 years of age will be deemed to have already been arranged a CQUniversity-approved guardianship and accommodation.
You are strongly advised to arrive early for enrolment and orientation.
Please note that for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs, you must apply online via our Online Application for Admission system.
We are only able to accept hardcopy applications for the following. Please download the relevant application form and submit your application via email, mail or in person at a CQUniversity campus.
- Application for Admission (Research Higher Degree)
- Application for Admission (Vocational Courses)
- Application for Credit Transfer
- Application for Study Abroad Program
- Application for Cross-Institution / Dual Enrolment
- Single Non-award Enrolment
- Application for Readmission
- Application for Change of Program
- Deferring Commencement