Copyright for Staff - General Information
This information provides assistance to CQUniversity staff involved in creating and updating Moodle courses.
Before sharing a work with students, the following steps should be undertaken:
STEP 1: Determine the copyright status of the work to be shared.
STEP 2: Apply instructions related to the identified copyright status of the work to be shared (see below).
- This document highlights the different categories of copyrighted works and how they can be used.
- Only one electronic copy of the copyrighted work is permitted on the University network unless permission has been specifically granted to extend the use of the work to multiple uploads.
- Information on how to seek permission from copyright owner/s to use works beyond the Statutory and Music licences for educational purposes
can be found here.
- Linking to resources on the internet is permitted provided the link opens in a new window and is fully referenced.
Public Domain works
- Can be reused, shared and modified without permission.
Open Educational Resources (OER)
- The use of these works is often governed/prescribed by a Creative Commons licence. The different types of Creative Commons licenses and their terms can be found here.
- The following quick reference guides available from the Smartcopying website will assist in locating Open Educational Resources:
Staff are advised to make themselves familiar with CQUniversity Australia copyright-related policies.