Copyright for Staff - General Information
This information provides assistance to CQUniversity staff involved in creating and updating Moodle courses.
When creating and updating units, it may be necessary to reproduce and/or communicate works, also known as third-party content. The information below describe the different types of third party content.
- Limited amounts of copyrighted content can be included in units within certain limits. These resources are most commonly located within a unit's eReading List. More information is availible from the E-Reading List Guide
- Information on how to seek permission from copyright owner/s to use works beyond those covered above.
- Linking to resources on the internet is permitted provided the link opens in a new window, is fully referenced and is not in breech of copyright.
Public Domain works
- Can be reused, shared and modified without permission.
Open Educational Resources (OER)
- The use of these works is often governed/prescribed by a Creative Commons licence.
- The following quick reference guides available from the Smartcopying website will assist in locating Open Educational Resources:
Staff are advised to also make themselves familiar with the contents of the Copyright for Students page.
For further information, visit the Copyright FAQs or contact Copyright Services.