NAIDOC Week 2018
Start: 8th Jul 2018
End: 15th Jul 2018
Duration: 8 days
Region: Other regions
BECAUSE OF HER, WE CAN!
NAIDOC Week 2018
8 – 15 July
CQUniversity will participate in a number of activities across its national footprint to celebrate NAIDOC Week.
Following are the confirmed events that will be occurring at each location:
- Rockhampton North Campus:
- movie screening of The Sapphires for staff, students, family and friends on the evening of Thursday, 12 July
- Bundaberg Campus: Knockout Knowledge Trivia Night is being held in the Building 5 Drama Barn on Monday, 9 July from 6 pm ($80/table of 8). The campus is also providing a return bus charter for staff and students (8.30 am departure from campus) to participate in the NAIDOC March, commencing 9 am on Friday, 13 July from 50 Bourbong Street, and finishing in Lions Park at approximately 10 am. A formal ceremony will then be held at the Bundaberg Campus (Building 1 Lawns) from 11.30 am, which will include a Welcome to Country, Flag Raising and Tree Planting Ceremony, followed by a BBQ lunch
- Cairns Campus: will hold a stall at the annual NAIDOC Family Day on July 6 and will also host a small ceremony and morning tea on-campus with local Watkin family to officially 'hang' a photo. The photo, taken in 1941 outside the building that is now CQUni Cairns Square, was donated by the Watkin family
- Gladstone Campus: will run an Elder's morning tea on Tuesday, 10 July on-campus from 10.00am. The event will be for staff and students with local elders providing stories on Gladstone’s history and cultural heritage
- Emerald Campus: will host a special morning tea featuring guest speaker Miesha Huet on Wednesday, 11 July from 10 am-11 am in room 1.20