Idiom 23 Literary Magazine
Since it was first published in 1987, CQUniversity's Idiom 23 Literary Magazine has become a force in regional and national writing. Named for the Tropic of Capricorn, Idiom 23 is an annual publication dedicated to encouraging writing in Central Queensland and throughout Australia. The magazine has been supported continually by the University, in particular, by the School of Education and the Arts, and the CQUniversity Bookshop.
This year Idiom 23 has made some changes to the submission process.
- Submissions will now be managed through a new submissions platform called Submittable, which will make it easier for contributors to submit and track their work. Contributors will be able to see which submissions have been accepted or declined, and be able to withdraw their submissions if they wish. Submittable will also make it easier for Idiom staff to manage submissions on our end. Hardcopy submissions are no longer accepted.
- The second change is that all contributors will now have to pay a $5 reading fee for each submission. The fee can be paid by credit card or PayPal, and must be paid before submissions will be accepted. Contributors are restricted to 3 submissions per person.
Idiom 23: Issue 27 (2017)
Submissions are now being invited for Idiom 23 Issue 27
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- All fiction and non-fiction submissions must be limited to 3000 words or less, and poetry to one page or less.
- Each contributor should limit their submissions to three comprising any mixture of writing and artwork, submitted as separate attachments in .rtf or .doc form for textual submissions and artwork in .jpg or .png format.
- Multiple submissions must be made in separate individual rtf. or .doc files (multiple submissions in a single rtf. or .doc file may not be considered).
- Please use the photo release form.
- Please do not submit images over 300kb.
- All literary submissions should be in 12pt. Times New Roman and 1.5 spaced.
- The cut-off date for each issue is September 30th of each year. Submissions received after this date may not be considered.
Donations (tax deductable) can be made to Idiom 23 through the University Website at our Donations page.