Diploma of Music Audition Guidelines
Thank you for choosing to audition for the Diploma of Music program at CQUniversity Australia. We want each and every applicant to play to the best of their ability on the audition day and trust that you will enjoy the audition preparation and presentation process. We have prepared the following audition guidelines to help you prepare for your audition.
The Diploma of Music program is only available at CQUniversity's Mackay Ooralea campus.
How to apply and entry requirements
To gain entry into the Diploma of Music program you will need to apply to:
- the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) and
- complete and submit an online Audition Request Form to CQUniversity
We have limited places available and your admission into this program will be based on how successful your audition and interview is.
How to prepare for your audition
To prepare for your audition you should arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled audition time to ensure you are adequately warmed-up.
You will also need to bring the following documents and extra copies for the audition panel:
- headshot photo
- curriculum vitae
- relevant certificates, licenses or diplomas (e.g. AMEB Grade certificates, RAD Dance certificates etc.)
- any evidence of community work or volunteer activities.
Ensure you place this information with copies in a folder for the audition panel to keep.
What we are looking for is:
- the potential for you to develop all aspects of music practice, both practical and theoretical
- your passion, commitment and suitability to a career in music and allied creative arts areas.
During the interview
During the interview, the panel will ask you how and why you wish to pursue a career in music and may also ask you questions based on your performance and any information from the documents you provided.
What will I need to perform at the audition?
|Instrumentalists (except drummers)||Drummers||Vocalists|
Instrumentalist will need to:
Drummers will need to perform three contrasting grooves, in various tempos (slow, medium and fast), that must include at least one rock, jazz and Latin related style.
Vocalists will need to: