Bachelor of Theatre - Theatre Studies Specialisation Audition Guidelines
Thank you for choosing to audition for the Bachelor of Theatre (Theatre Studies) program at CQUniversity Australia. We want each and every applicant to perform to the best of their ability on the audition day and trust that you will enjoy the audition preparation and presentation process. The following audition guidelines will help you prepare for your audition.
The Bachelor of Theatre (Theatre Studies) program is only available by online study.
How to apply and entry requirements
To gain entry into the Bachelor of Theatre (Theatre Studies) program you will need to apply to:
- the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) and
- complete and submit an online Audition Request Form to CQUniversity
We have limited places available and your admission into this program will be based on how successful your audition and interview is.
How to prepare for your audition?
To prepare for your audition you should arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled audition time to ensure you are adequately warmed-up.
You will also need to bring the following documents and extra copies for the audition panel:
- headshot photo
- artistic resume
- relevant certificates, licenses or diplomas (e.g. AMEB Grade certificates, RAD Dance certificates etc.)
- any evidence of community work or volunteer activities.
Ensure you place this information with copies in a folder for the audition panel to keep.
The panel may ask you some follow-up questions based on the information you provide and also about the performances presented.
What we are looking for is your:
- ability to develop all aspects of creative practice within the field of theatre
- passion, commitment and overall suitability to a career in theatre and the creative arts areas
What will I need to perform at the audition?
For the audition you will be asked to:
- perform two contrasting drama monologues in any style
- each monologue must be 2 minutes long.